Ritchey Road Logic - 2016 - 7,39kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

DHG01

by DHG01

NickyR wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:59 am

It was a fairly uncommon brand for a road bike : Fairdale (Spaceship). I had a really good deal on the last frameset (1500 usd with enve 2.0 fork). I think that it could have been "easier" to ride with lower wheels (38mm high profile max).
Maybe I ll post its own topic but here is a pic :
IMG_2940.JPG
I think the Goodship was a pretty good proposition. Discrete paint job, seamless tubes, the Enve fork and a great price. I had a thought about the Spaceship, what put me off was the yellow (however, yours looks great), wasn't sure about the geo (that applies to both) and ....the titanium. I had a hunch it would be the stiff/aluminium type feel.

I have asked a number of times what makes the difference in the tubes between titanium. I am note sure what it is. It's not the 3/2.5 or 6/4 alloy.

I now have a Nevi; the ride is fabulous. It's the carpet ride titanium is known for; mix of carbon and steel. But I have felt disappointed with some lower cost titanium frames.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NickyR

by NickyR

The Goodship was indeed a real bargain (was on sale at 700 usd for some times but not available anymore).
And yeah, you are right about titanium, what's the most important about how the bike rides is the selection of tube diameter and thickness according to the rider's requirements/measurements --> this is where the good custom builders stand out from the mass production.

NickyR

by NickyR

I am testing TPU inner tubes (Pirelli P zero smartubes) with some pirelli P zero velo classic 25mm tires (measuring 27,5mm wide on my 19c rims).
So far so good but still testing.
I saved 75g in the process (the bike is sub 7,5kg now) and I like the look of the tires a lot with the classic lines of the frame :
IMG_3502.JPG
IMG_2628.JPG
IMG_3504.JPG
IMG_3506.JPG

tonchy

by tonchy

Really like this bike, well done.

Those smartubes are also made by Pirelli or who is manufacter?

NickyR

by NickyR

tonchy wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:04 am
Really like this bike, well done.

Those smartubes are also made by Pirelli or who is manufacter?
I don't know, the package states they are manufactured in Austria so maybe Tubolito ? (they look very similar, only yellow i.o orange)

NickyR

by NickyR

Saved 125g by changing the wheels : Tune SB45 endurance (tune 45mm rims, 20+24 sapim d-light, tune mig mag hubs) 1352g with tubeless rim tape.
No tested yet but looks pretty cool on the bike :
IMG_3782.JPG
IMG_3785.JPG
Now 7,39 kg !

NickyR

by NickyR

Update
I wanted this bike to be my spare bike mostly for cool rides, winter training and home trainer so I changed some parts :
- Tune TSR 35 alloy wheels (1475g) : 35mm deep rims is perfect for this bike and alloy rims offer a big improvement in braking. After a couple of rides with those wheels I am really pleased with their performance : they are fast on the flats but ligth enough to climb, hubs are really smooth, good braking, confortable (20mm inner) with 26mm tyres (27,5 actual), stiff and sturdy enough for my use.
- Pirelli P-zero race classic 26mm (215 and 225g) with Pirelli Smartube (2x38g) but I ll go tubeless with Conti GP5000 for the winter
- Shimano Ultegra FC-8000 crankset (not on the picture) and because the dura ace crankset is going on my new bike.
- Zipp Sl 70 ergo carbon handlebar 44 c-c because it is so confortable (not on the picture)
The weight is now 7,63kg with the ultegra crankset and zipp carbon handlebar, not too bad for a 57cm steel frame
IMG_4035.JPG