2 ends of the road spectrum - Steel Indy Fab and a S-Works SL7

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

cfrankscid

by cfrankscid

Hi All,

I figured I'd post a couple pics of two of my road bikes that really compliment eachother:

1) Steel Independent Fabrication Crown Jewel with SRAM Red (TDF Yellow edition) and 2016 ZIPP 404s as well as 40cm Enve Compact Bars.
2) S-Works Tarmac SL7 with SRAM Red/Force mix running 1/12 (48x10-26) on Roval Rapide CLXs as well as 40cm Enve SES Aero bars, but they are 36cm at the tops.

Biggest differences between the two bikes are:

1) You can feel the rear of the Indy flexing on hard cornering or out of the saddle sprinting. The stiffness factor on the SL7 is really apparent when you ride these back to back.
2) The 40cm bars at the tops on the Indy feel like moose antlers when you come off the 36cm tops on the SL7.
3) Small hoods on the old school 10 speed SRAM Red are perfect. New RED hoods have to be less aero and are certainly less comfortable (to me).
4) Above 25mph, the Indy starts to become a victim of its round tubes and becomes noticably harder to keep at speed whereas the SL7 starts to really wake up.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NickyR

by NickyR

Fantastic IF ...
what tubeset is it ?

tonchy

by tonchy

I also really dig IF, superb build. :)

cfrankscid

by cfrankscid

Thanks for the kind words, guys. The IF's main triangle is Reynolds 853 and it has True Temper stays. Here is a pic of it out in the wild. It really is a great "switch-up" bike vs. the stiff SL7 platform.