Another C64 Sizing Thread

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

zero71

by zero71

Hi folks. Can any of you Colnago experts give me your thoughts between the 54s and 54h.

I'm currently riding a 58cm Supersix Evo Hi Mod disc (the last gen version, a 2018 frameset). It's too big for me, at the time my thinking was go bigger to get a more comfy saddle to bar drop as the 56 was too aggressive. Wasn't the best idea as it's too long. It's also running a stack of spacers.

Supersix Evo

My previous bike was a ML Giant Defy Advanced Pro which was a bike I was very comfortable and confident on.

Defy

I've used Velogicfit online tool to map the C64 to the Defy and the 54s is almost identical geometry wise, but with a shorter rear end. The angles are all super close, as is stack and reach. On the Defy and 54s I'd run 25 to 30mm of spacers (including the bearing cap). However with the 54h I can get the same fit with 10 to 15mm of spacers.

As you can tell, I'm building an Endurance bike fit. I can't decide whether the bike is going to look better with the shorter head tube and a stack of spacers, or the really long head tube and way less spacers. Fit wise I think either will work.

Any advice? There's no local Colnago dealer here, and even if there were I doubt there'd be any Covid stock. So I'll be ordering from Ciclicorsa in Italy because it works out almost £2k cheaper after tax than the UK dealers for a fully integrated frameset.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ms6073

by ms6073

See my reply Colnago C64 disc thread.

Disclaimor: I am not a Colnago 'expert', nor did I stay at a Holliday Express last night, but back in the day, I raced on Colnagos and now 40-years later, I am riding a C64 disc in size 54H.
Last edited by ms6073 on Mon May 03, 2021 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

zero71

by zero71

ms6073 wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 9:11 pm
See my reply Colnago C64 disc thread.

Disclaimor: I am not a Colnago 'expert', nor did I stay at a Holliday Express last night, but did race on Colnago's, and now 40-years later, am riding a C64 disc (54H).
Oh wow. Can I have a photo please Michael? It's impossible to find what the 54H looks like. Would love to see.

welchy

by welchy

Out of interest do you fancy selling the Hi mod frameset? I'm based in the UK ad well!

My thoughts are 54S if I were you. I'm 189cm and had a 56S C60 with one 10mm spacer and a 110mm stem. FYI I am a 58cm in any other brand. I'd suggest 54S to get your reach right..

welchy

by welchy

Also there is a C60 54H disc on Facebook ads in Wales at the mo.. illl try and find a link

zero71

by zero71

welchy wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 12:53 pm
Out of interest do you fancy selling the Hi mod frameset? I'm based in the UK ad well!

My thoughts are 54S if I were you. I'm 189cm and had a 56S C60 with one 10mm spacer and a 110mm stem. FYI I am a 58cm in any other brand. I'd suggest 54S to get your reach right..
I will be selling my frame later in the year, there's a 10 week lead time on the C64 right now and I likely won't order one for another couple of months. I'll send you a DM to see if you are interested before I list it on eBay in the future.

I'm leaning towards the 54s plus a few spacers for a more conventional look. Thanks for the inputs.

zero71

by zero71

welchy wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 12:54 pm
Also there is a C60 54H disc on Facebook ads in Wales at the mo.. illl try and find a link
Just found it. That is a long head tube. I think the 54s is a better look. Thanks for that.

welchy

by welchy

zero71 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 12:57 pm
welchy wrote:

I will be selling my frame later in the year, there's a 10 week lead time on the C64 right now and I likely won't order one for another couple of months. I'll send you a DM to see if you are interested before I list it on eBay in the future.

I'm leaning towards the 54s plus a few spacers for a more conventional look. Thanks for the inputs.
I know the feeling, I've just sent my Cinelli back to Italy for warranty and I've had to buy a temporary frame or you end up losing a bike for the best time of the year. Didn't want to say it but the H in any size looks ugly to me with a HT that long, Nagos are supposed to be a good looking bike. Not repurposed for somebody that doesn't have the flexibility! Just FYI, you won't be disappointed with a colnago. If my C60 was disc I would've kept it forever, just the inability to get 28C under it or discs that made me fold it. Good luck, and shoot me a message on here before you sell yours!!

nestornnk

by nestornnk

zero71 wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 12:57 pm
Hi folks. Can any of you Colnago experts give me your thoughts between the 54s and 54h.

I'm currently riding a 58cm Supersix Evo Hi Mod disc (the last gen version, a 2018 frameset). It's too big for me, at the time my thinking was go bigger to get a more comfy saddle to bar drop as the 56 was too aggressive. Wasn't the best idea as it's too long. It's also running a stack of spacers.

Supersix Evo

My previous bike was a ML Giant Defy Advanced Pro which was a bike I was very comfortable and confident on.

Defy

I've used Velogicfit online tool to map the C64 to the Defy and the 54s is almost identical geometry wise, but with a shorter rear end. The angles are all super close, as is stack and reach. On the Defy and 54s I'd run 25 to 30mm of spacers (including the bearing cap). However with the 54h I can get the same fit with 10 to 15mm of spacers.

As you can tell, I'm building an Endurance bike fit. I can't decide whether the bike is going to look better with the shorter head tube and a stack of spacers, or the really long head tube and way less spacers. Fit wise I think either will work.

Any advice? There's no local Colnago dealer here, and even if there were I doubt there'd be any Covid stock. So I'll be ordering from Ciclicorsa in Italy because it works out almost £2k cheaper after tax than the UK dealers for a fully integrated frameset.

Hi
I think a 54s it will be a better fit and will offer a more lively feel on the road. Plus note that Colnago is not able to offer all sizes in High geometry at the moment.
Current delivery time is about 8 weeks,feel free to ask any questions

zero71

by zero71

Just ordered a C64 Disc. 4 month wait will be hard. :D

zero71

by zero71

I think I'm going to use a Wheels MFG threaded pressfit BB - not sure I can justify double the price to get the CS.

zero71

by zero71

welchy wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 1:20 pm
zero71 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 12:57 pm
welchy wrote:

I know the feeling, I've just sent my Cinelli back to Italy for warranty and I've had to buy a temporary frame or you end up losing a bike for the best time of the year. Didn't want to say it but the H in any size looks ugly to me with a HT that long, Nagos are supposed to be a good looking bike. Not repurposed for somebody that doesn't have the flexibility! Just FYI, you won't be disappointed with a colnago. If my C60 was disc I would've kept it forever, just the inability to get 28C under it or discs that made me fold it. Good luck, and shoot me a message on here before you sell yours!!
If you are still interested, I'll be selling my Supersix frameset, with the Save Seatpost, and a Token Ninja BB that can be setup for Shimano or GXP. Ideally in 3 or 4 months when the C64 arrives, but I can break the bike down sooner if need be.

I'm spamming the thread to try to get my post count high enough to enable PMs. :D

welchy

by welchy

Ahh why are you telling me this now lad! If you'd had been 5 days earlier I wouldn't be sitting with a new Ridley frameset. PM me with what you want for it just in case I can N+1

ms6073

by ms6073

zero71 wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:36 am
I think I'm going to use a Wheels MFG threaded pressfit BB - not sure I can justify double the price to get the CS.
I am guessing you meant Wheels Mfg thread togther bottom brackets as threaded and pressfit are different standards. The problem though is that T45 is not the same as T47 and currently, Wheels Mfg does not make a thread together bottom bracketthat is compatible with Colnago's Threadfit 82.5 standard (T45). While I have searched for asian equivalents, currently your option is the CS bottom bracket or a BB86 style bottom bracket that is pressed into the Colnago Threadfit cups.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

zero71

by zero71

ms6073 wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:01 pm
zero71 wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:36 am
I am guessing you meant Wheels Mfg thread togther bottom brackets as threaded and pressfit are different standards. The problem though is that T45 is not the same as T47 and currently, Wheels Mfg does not make a thread together bottom bracketthat is compatible with Colnago's Threadfit 82.5 standard (T45). While I have searched for asian equivalents, currently your option is the CS bottom bracket or a BB86 style bottom bracket that is pressed into the Colnago Threadfit cups.
Really? I thought the Colnago took a pressfit BB86. That's what Ciclicorsa told me. A pressfit BB86 85.5x41. So I assumed that a thread together BB86 would be just the ticket. Why would the Wheelsmfg BB86 thread together not fit into the Colnago cups, but a non thread together would? I'm clearly not understanding something.

Specifically this one. https://wheelsmfg.com/bottom-brackets/b ... black.html

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com