New supercaliber 9.8 gx

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

wemmetje

by wemmetje

Just got my project one supercaliber 9.8 gx (ordered in oktober last year)
It has been a long wait but man do i love the colour.
Colour is molten marble.
I upgrade the rims to the kovee xxx's and the kashima isostrut and sid ultimate shock and fork
Weight came in at a rather dissapointing 10.55 kg (will update with a photo of that,as well as future upgrades.
ImageImageImageImage

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HD1913 met Tapatalk

Geoff

by Geoff

Ok, that's nice. I was thinking of getting Fabio Felline's Emonda in that livery...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wemmetje

by wemmetje

Geoff wrote:Ok, that's nice. I was thinking of getting Fabio Felline's Emonda in that livery...
Not sure about the emonda but this paint job is no longer available on the supercaliber :/

boots2000

by boots2000

Love it- I have a P1 Emonda in same color!

wemmetje

by wemmetje

Upgrade time!!

Finally got around to some weight weenie'ing
Changes
Garbaruk 10/48 cassette
Xx1 chain
Xx1 dub crank with quarq powermeter on 32t chainring
Tune skyracer saddle

Darimo t1 loop seatpost (31.6mm 350length) which should probably have been 400 since I forgot to account for the saddleheigt being lower since there is no padding.
it works fine albeit just.

Switched the trek specific tubeless plastik insert for regular rim tape wich saves around 65 grams per wheel
Layed on some conti's (race and cross king in 2.2)
I know the rear tire is on backwards, I have done this since as long as I can remember.

Switched the rotors for ashima 180/160 ones

Changed some of the bolts for nice gold coated ones (Alu for the shifter, brake levers, lockout and titanium for the brake calipers) saved around 40 grams

Put on a k-edge top cap with integrated Garmin mount

Weight came in at just under 9.5 kg including the Garmin (edge 520) itself

I'm looking into a Gemini cockpit but still debating if I'm going for that or a darimo stem/handlebar combo ImageImageImageImageImage

cerro

by cerro

That's light. Nice. I would go for a Darimo cockpit, slimmer and looks so much nicer I think. Function of the IX2 stem is so good too :) And matching your seatpost

Unbrokenchain

by Unbrokenchain

Its nice saving weight but I bet you would be faster with a dropper post. Should start a new forum called fasterweenies!! Nice whip though

wemmetje

by wemmetje

cerro wrote:That's light. Nice. I would go for a Darimo cockpit, slimmer and looks so much nicer I think. Function of the IX2 stem is so good too :) And matching your seatpost
Yes, my thought also.
It is just a bummer that I have to buy new bars well since the trek bar is 35mm :/
But Gemini or darimo both had that negatieve so...
Plus the darimo option is about 150 euro's cheaper :)

wemmetje

by wemmetje

Unbrokenchain wrote:Its nice saving weight but I bet you would be faster with a dropper post. Should start a new forum called fasterweenies!! Nice whip though
I had a dropper on my previous bike, i live in belgium and the places were you have actual minutelong descends are so limited that i have had MAYBE 10 usefull times for it in 2 years of riding.
I have thought about it though and if I go riding where I can actually use it I'll get myself a reverb.

MattMay

by MattMay

Fox just announced the 2022 Transfer SL dropper which is like 125g lighter than current model, should you want to add a dropper but minimize weight gain.

wemmetje

by wemmetje

MattMay wrote:Fox just announced the 2022 Transfer SL dropper which is like 125g lighter than current model, should you want to add a dropper but minimize weight gain.
Looks nice yeah,but if I would run a dropper it would have to be external routing or wireless since I would like to switch when I feel like it :)

MattMay

by MattMay

I hear ya. Just took my dropper of my Supercaliber as well. Wish the AXS wasn’t such a boat anchor. Nearly 800g with battery and shifter.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com