by p3p3nko

da123 wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:00 pm
Prawn wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:01 pm
p3p3nko wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:50 am
nicely build

any shifting problem with the sram-carbonti-thm combo?
Exactly what I was wondering!
Count me in for knowing this too! I've just completed two builds with Clavicula/Carbonti/SRAM AXS. Getting the front shifting sorted was a total PITA. I couldn't get it to work with the flattop chain. I've used the new KMC X12 (now compatible with AXS), which means it no longer dumps the chain over the top. I wouldn't describe it as bombproof by any stretch however
so KMC x12 works with sram axs?

OnTheRivet

by OnTheRivet

Wow light. FYI I'm pretty sure you can rotate the banjo bolt on the calpers so the brake line is more direct and doesn't have the kink in it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mawashi

by Mawashi

@WouldLikeToBeLighter

That is a AMAZING looking build and it has dream components to boot... Envy is an understatement to what I'm feeling.

Pls update us on how she rides.

@takolino
I would love yo find out too. Btw, in my earlier thread on a 1x setup is there a way I can contact you to ask you more questions about how you modded up your strata?

Sorry for the hijack

WouldLikeToBeLighter

by WouldLikeToBeLighter

p3p3nko wrote:
nicely build

Sorry, not been about for a while. No issues shifting chainrings at all. My LBS built it and are more than particular about getting everything just perfect.

WouldLikeToBeLighter

by WouldLikeToBeLighter

takolino wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:23 am
You got some nice components on there. How do the sram levers handle the larger pistons of the C21? I have them paired to DA9170 and work really well.
Rene Herse 26 extralight are listed as 183g. Approved for hookless. I run mine with s tubo as well. I had the same rationale as you. I built up similar light clincher wheelset. Berd/Extralite/CB7. Same rims.
The braking is actually really good, better than my 11s etap using sram callipers.

Thanks for the tyre heads up, I'll take a look, that could save quite a bit of weight

da123

by da123

p3p3nko wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:37 am
da123 wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:00 pm
Prawn wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:01 pm
p3p3nko wrote:
nicely build

Exactly what I was wondering!
Count me in for knowing this too! I've just completed two builds with Clavicula/Carbonti/SRAM AXS. Getting the front shifting sorted was a total PITA. I couldn't get it to work with the flattop chain. I've used the new KMC X12 (now compatible with AXS), which means it no longer dumps the chain over the top. I wouldn't describe it as bombproof by any stretch however
so KMC x12 works with sram axs?
According to KMC it does. I exchanged a number of messages with them. The pre 1 Jan 2021 chains are not compatible, but apparently after that they made some changes to make it work with SRAM AXS.