Ridley Noah Fast @ 7kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Milese

by Milese

Here is my newly built Ridley Noah Fast which replaces my 2011 BMC Teammachine SLR01.

I've built with Dura Ace Di2, couldn't wait for the new version and happy to stay 11 speed to match my other bikes.

I did have a Canyon Aeroad on order, but the issues and delays forced me into a change, back to the Ridley which was first choice before the Canyon was launched.

I wanted a fast, fairly light aero bike with fully hidden cables and discs. Very pleased with it, she's fast, seems comfortable but very stiff under acceleration. I could feel the rear wheel moving when sprinting on the BMC, but this is rigid. Perhaps the wheels help that too.

Farports Feder wheels, built with the stronger Sprint spokes on the drive side rear. Carbon ti hubs are loud but seem good.

Also went for the steel bearing BBinfinite bottom bracket to try and avoid any future issues, it went in easily after a small amount of filing away some carbon.

Far from scientific, but have got a couple of high speed downhill koms since getting her, which is nice if not conclusive of the aero benefit. ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LiamW

by LiamW

wow. this one looks pretty dope, tbh
How much did it cost you? if it is not a secret, huh

Milese

by Milese

Thanks.

Its about £6k.

The frameset £2200, wheels £800, groupset £2400, plus rotors, cassette, chain, saddle, tyres, axles, wireless unit etc.

ColnagoJohn

by ColnagoJohn

its a hell of a good looking build Milese. Mine is the same colour and size, i guess you bought from Merlin?
I will be building using mechanical record 12 speed and hunt 54 carbon spoke wheels, hoping for around 7.5kg

Milese

by Milese

Yes came from Merlin. Would have loved to get custom colours but not worth the extra £2k!

One issue i did have, depending on how anal you are, is the paint finish on the top of the fork crown.

My first pair had a fair bit of over spray that was visible when the bars not dead straight, so I sent them back and I think Merlin swapped them for a better set that they had in stock, so someone will probably get given my old ones....Image

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

I like that a lot!
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

Milese

by Milese

Now under 7kg by swapping the right pedal to an xpedo ti and swapping the pedal body on the left side to take off 49g.

My generic Chinese carbon cages kept losing bottles so upgraded to Elite Leggero at 18g each which is weight neutral but they work.

Also swapped to the Elite Fly bottles which saved me about 60g over what I was using.

usr

by usr

Your headlight solution looks eerily familiar. I'm assuming that's not included in the 7.0. What's your attachment method? (or more importantly: detachment)

I'm happy with mine (recmounts, though not really happy with the overall Garmin holder weight), but interested in seeing what others have come up with.

Milese

by Milese

The lights are exposure flash and flare.

The rear on saddle rail mounts.

The front is an old exposure mount that I filed the attachment wings off so its essentially a clip, then drilled a hole through it and use a longer countersunk screw to mount through the computer mount.ImageImage

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sunfire2k5

by sunfire2k5

very good weight!

I have a custom painted Noah Fast M57 also.. Ultegra Di2 with KNOT 64 SL wheels and Rotor carbon cranks.. its 7.9kg ish.

353NSW + Dura ace 12 speed should be things going :D
FOIL 20 w/DA 9270 + ENVE 60/67 2023 wheels - GP 5000TR S 28MM
Ridley GRIFN, 105 Di2 12s + Nextie AGX45 (40mm wide) aerogravel wheels - Terra Speed 45mm