BenScott's Factor o2

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Knightyboy27

by Knightyboy27

MattMay wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:17 pm
Hey@knightyboy27, not to derail this thread, but how did you set up your bb and ec90sl cranks? Did you stick with ceramicspeed bb or go one-piece like Ben? (Bbinfinite just came out with their one piece to fit this frame.) And what spacers etc? I just took delivery of a custom frame too and trying to figure out that whole area.
Hambini BBright racing BB + a few spacers (don't recall how many off the top of my head but they're the Easton ones, and I replaced the preload adjuster with the metal cane creek one)

I know people (including Hambini) have said this is wrong, but the bb doesn't change diameter on the NDS so the slightly narrower shell shouldn't make a difference really (and the very experienced mechanic who installed it didn't see any issues)

Have a bit of a non conventional setup as I'm using the 46/30 gravel rings as this is my proper climbing bike and although it shifts from big to small fine (and vice verse), I'm getting a lot of noise when out of the saddle, need to try retuning the FD again to see if that solves it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MattMay

by MattMay

Gotcha thanks!

BenScott144

by BenScott144

So... what have I forgot??

The bike is ~.4kg overweight. With around 230g of that being frame and 130g being the wheels.

OR... are my scale just 5% out?

BenScott144

by BenScott144

(For the sake of the obvious, these photos aren't outside my own house, so please don't rob this randomer in the hope they have my factor in their garage)

Knightyboy27

by Knightyboy27

Weightwise, the things I can think of

Wheels:

Valves
Rimtape? (hard to know if included as no photo of weights)
Air (yes, it will add up)

Frame:

The whole headset assembley
Does the di2 bits include all the cable ports, any foam used, battery holder?
Grease on headset and bb (maybe loctite there)
Carbon paste
Heatshrink
Clear tape (can see on headtube)
Non di2 bar end

Looking through your list, nothing jumps out at me as being weighed wrong, unless it's the frame/fork or the wheels as they aren't parts I can easily see listed online

BenScott144

by BenScott144

Knightyboy27 wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:36 pm

Wheels:

Valves

Frame:

Carbon paste
Heatshrink
Non di2 bar end

Looking through your list, nothing jumps out at me as being weighed wrong, unless it's the frame/fork or the wheels as they aren't parts I can easily see listed online
Thanks for the thoughts!
No rim tape on these wheels, and I'll be disappointed if "air" weighs that much!

Headset was included in the frame weight (admittedly weighed with the same scales)
Again, I'd be disappointed if a bit of grease and carbon paste really added up to all this.

I'm thinking of getting some other scales, or taking the bike down to the shop for them to weigh, before I panic too much

Knightyboy27

by Knightyboy27

BenScott144 wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:18 pm
Knightyboy27 wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:36 pm

Wheels:

Valves

Frame:

Carbon paste
Heatshrink
Non di2 bar end

Thanks for the thoughts!
No rim tape on these wheels, and I'll be disappointed if "air" weighs that much!

Headset was included in the frame weight (admittedly weighed with the same scales)
Again, I'd be disappointed if a bit of grease and carbon paste really added up to all this.

I'm thinking of getting some other scales, or taking the bike down to the shop for them to weigh, before I panic too much
On that basis, I think the frameset weight is wrong.

I've got written down that my fork was 333g before cutting, and the frame was about 950g with hangers and no cable ports or seatpost clamp (I don't have the exact weight because I weighed it with some foam still on and the cable guides, but weighed some of them afterwards and deducted). And that's without the headset. Being the updated version and lack of paint, that would seem odd. (Have found an email from Factor stating that the fork should be around 330-350 and frame 850-900 but that was likely without hangers)