Factor O2 5.4 KG

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Pistol2208

by Pistol2208

StanK wrote:Very nice, very simple looking. One of the most impressive I’ve seen, definitely. And the color is quite unique, very appealing orange-red.
No Garmin or cyclocomp of any kind? Rarely these days, and I must say I appreciate that more and more. Except I can’t separate myself from my own because I still want to know how many kilometers I’ve “conquered”.

And you gave me good tip with that Cane Creek EE expander/top cover/bolt combo. 8)
Btw. no brake wires on the list?
Thank you very kind of you to say, I do love the colour, and not one I would normally choose, but I’m happy I did. I will have a garmin mount (as I use a 520) there’s a specific one for the stem.
At the moment I am just use the basic one that comes in the garmin box with the bands.

The brakes wires are shown as cable inner and cable outer these are only brake as it’s sram Etap so no gear cables. For these I used jagwire links with powercordz - the inners only weigh around 5g for the pair, so a great weight saving there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Factor 02 10.9lb / 4.9 KG
Planet X RT80 13.1lb / 5.94 KG
Litespeed Ghisallo 10.2lb / 4.63 KG (sold)

Pistol2208

by Pistol2208

MrCurrieinahurry wrote:Matches my basso Image
That’s a nice touch. The berk saddle is so comfortable eh?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Maaaan it's super comfy :)
Formerly known as Curryinahurry

bruno2000

by bruno2000

Very nice and true weight-weenie bike.
This kind of bike is the reason why this forum was ever started.

Pistol2208

by Pistol2208

bruno2000 wrote:Very nice and true weight-weenie bike.
This kind of bike is the reason why this forum was ever started.
Bruno, well said and thank you.

cloud9blue

by cloud9blue

Pistol2208 wrote:I'm not seeing the issues some others have mentioned about dropped chains etc, but I have got a simple chain catcher just in incase. The shifting isn't quite as smooth as the sram ones, not hugely different though and to be honest i don't change up and down my chain too much in a ride anyway, especially riding a compact, I find the shifting equal to praxisworks Buzz rings, but I find the chainline better when chain is crossed small - small, with the praxis if you were on small front and 3 small cogs on the rear it caught on the pickups.
Thanks. SRAM front shifting is a bit tricky. I have had a few chain drop in the past few years I owned this group set, always at the heat of the moment too. I think I will just stay with stock rings for now. 14.5lb is plenty light for me at the moment.

Pistol2208

by Pistol2208

cloud9blue wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:04 am
Pistol2208 wrote:I'm not seeing the issues some others have mentioned about dropped chains etc, but I have got a simple chain catcher just in incase. The shifting isn't quite as smooth as the sram ones, not hugely different though and to be honest i don't change up and down my chain too much in a ride anyway, especially riding a compact, I find the shifting equal to praxisworks Buzz rings, but I find the chainline better when chain is crossed small - small, with the praxis if you were on small front and 3 small cogs on the rear it caught on the pickups.
Thanks. SRAM front shifting is a bit tricky. I have had a few chain drop in the past few years I owned this group set, always at the heat of the moment too. I think I will just stay with stock rings for now. 14.5lb is plenty light for me at the moment.

You certainly have to get the fine tuning spot on, and hopefully (without issues with cable stretch etc) once done has been great.

smellymcfatfats

by smellymcfatfats

Such a beautiful and well thought out build.

You mentioned potential weight savings in the cassette. Just curious, what brand/model cassette would be lighter than Sram Red?

Pistol2208

by Pistol2208

Thank you You could go with either of these:

Recon Aluminium 117g 11-28 https://www.recon-harry.com.tw/products_detail/2/3/7. - wont last long though
Omni Racer 11-28 112g https://www.omniracer.com/product-page/ ... e-11-speed - Ive heard people have had shifting issues but I woul like to try.
Rotor 11-28 135g https://rotorbike.com/catalog/default/r ... sette.html - This is probably the best of the 3, for duarbility as well as shifting

I may have missed a couple, I have a prolite cassette that weighs 98g but unfortunately is only 10 speed and its campag, that was soo light and really hard wearing, its actually on my sons retro concorde now, I've never been able to find another one of these.

smellymcfatfats

by smellymcfatfats

Pistol2208 wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:54 pm
Thank you You could go with either of these:

Recon Aluminium 117g 11-28 https://www.recon-harry.com.tw/products_detail/2/3/7. - wont last long though
Omni Racer 11-28 112g https://www.omniracer.com/product-page/ ... e-11-speed - Ive heard people have had shifting issues but I woul like to try.
Rotor 11-28 135g https://rotorbike.com/catalog/default/r ... sette.html - This is probably the best of the 3, for duarbility as well as shifting

I may have missed a couple, I have a prolite cassette that weighs 98g but unfortunately is only 10 speed and its campag, that was soo light and really hard wearing, its actually on my sons retro concorde now, I've never been able to find another one of these.
Thank you!

icyhotchaz

by icyhotchaz

This is hot.

Ypuh

by Ypuh

Really nice bike. Enjoy the matching logo's of the Darimo parts as one of the few highlights with the rest of the finishing kit being black as it should.

eeBrakes would probably make the picture complete for me in the looks department. I never liked the silver Red22 aero brakes and replaced them by some black TRP 879's myself. Still saving up for eeBrakes in black (unless they come with a really cool red/black limited) but find it somewhat hard to justify in the disc infested landscape nowadays.
Cervelo S3 - 7.3kg
Time ADHX - 8.7kg

Pistol2208

by Pistol2208

Thank you, I agree different brakes is the next step although still can't decide between lekki8 or ee, think I'm going to go for the latter when I've saved up some pennies.

bikestuff

by bikestuff

Dont buy Lekki8 brakes, I've been waiting over a year and I cant get a email or call returned.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com