Ridley Kanzo Adventure gravel build with Chorus 2 x 12

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Miller

by Miller

I've ridden this bike a fair bit in the past couple of weeks and I love it. Very pleased with the handlebar setup. The bar is the Zipp SL70 XPLR gravel bar. The tops bend back very slightly, there's a shallow drop and a slight flare below the shifter mount. It's easy to transition from tops to drops and perhaps because of this I feel more confident on technical descents than with my previous CX-based bike. Tape is Fizik Terra which is nicely padded and grippy and comes in suitable muted tones.

Gearing-wise I went with Chorus 2 x 12, being a Campag guy. The front and rear shifting is exemplary. Once or twice the chain has been shaken off the big ring onto the small ring but it returns in half a pedal stroke. Only thing I'm not quite sold on is the sticky-out thumb tab. I prefer the EPS-style thumb tab of Potenza and multiple downshifting seems over-rated to me as a feature anyway. I have a lingering regret I didn't stump up for Ekar, basically to have the new shiny shiny.

Something that didn't survive contact with reality was the rear G-One tyre. 3rd or 4th ride out I impact flatted it on a narrow drainage ditch, ok, stuff happens, then the other day on an otherwise innocuous trail all the air and sealant departed in an instant. Something, most likely a flint, had put a 15mm cut in the sidewall. I've replaced it with the heavier G-One Bite. I like the front G-One Ultrabite as it gives me more confidence when riding cambered surfaces.

All in all I've found this bike an enjoyable place to be and I'm very happy with it.

XCProMD

by XCProMD

What a groupset Chorus is.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com