Custom Sarto Asola

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

reedplayer

by reedplayer

wow, what a good looking bike, with a lot ot attention to detail.

c60rider

by c60rider

I think the silver crankset looks excellent with the silver of the frame. The only issue I have with the wheels is that they're the bright label version and a bit too blingy. From the pictures they do detract from the frame a little bit and the dark label would probably look better in my opinion and draw the eye onto the frame. It may be different in person mind you. But what about removing the labels from the wheels? I always think a frame should be the centre point of any bike and this bike is totally all about the frame!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Stvrox

by Stvrox

Decals won't come off, they're the newer model Boras with the logo under the clear coat. I get what you're saying though. It's why I stuck with the black tyres, I think there would definitely be too much going on with tan wall.

Stvrox

by Stvrox

So here's a couple of pictures in the first bit of sunshine we've had here in weeks.
Update on the weight too- 6932g so not entirely a featherweight but still very acceptable considering I've not really tried to go full WW on it at all.
I've put a couple of hundred kms on this now and have really settled into the handling and feel of the bike. Not much to say that I haven't already mentioned - it's incredibly nimble but not skittish, great feedback from the road but not a boneshaker and I get the feeling of just wanting to go on and push harder whenever the road points up.
Attachments
IMG_1903.jpg
IMG_1906.jpg
IMG_1908.jpg

NiFTY

by NiFTY

You can remove those decals as i have done w my fulcrum speed 40s. Get a paper towel soak it in acetone and it onto the rim w cling wrap. The cling wrap stops the acetone evaporrating. A minute or so of contact time and decal should be gone.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

reedplayer

by reedplayer

+1 for removing decals.

Moltobene

by Moltobene

Stvrox wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:20 pm
Very nice bike!
Can you tell me something about the Deda Loop handlebar tape?
How are the bar end plugs, how do you find the surface, how hard or easy was it to wrap?

Stvrox

by Stvrox

I have Deda Presa perforated tape on my other bike at the moment and the Loop feels much nicer. It's a little softer, more shock absorbing and a completely different texture. Kind of similar to lizard skins but not slippery when it gets wet.
Not stretchy when putting it on, it's fairly robust in that regard so I wasn't afraid to pull it tight to get a nice wrap. The bar plugs are alloy, the adjustable type that you tighten in place with an Allen key. They weigh a few g more than plastic ones but I think they hold well with the tape. Overall I'm very happy with the tape