S-Works Venge in Bora Team-Colors – that's Lizzie - 6.67kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

omikronphi

by omikronphi

Hi all,

already had some photos in the 2019 Venge thread but decided to open its own as I think ‘Lizzie’ reached its final form for now.

Been riding this since I’ve got my hands on a frame for a really good price early last year and built it up with parts from my old Supersix Evo (Crank, FD + RD, saddle, Assiomas).

Since then I added Specialized Power cranks, first with Praxis Works chainrings but now with Carbon-Ti, switched to a -12° stem and recently put on Galfer 6-Bolt discs.

My search for the perfectly colored tanwall tire found an end in putting on Grand Prix 5000 classic/transparent in 25mm which popped up in some European stores.

They’ve got a nice light brown color with a slight sheen which suit my taste more than the yellowish tones from Turbo Cotton or Vittoria/Veloflex.
I also considered P-Zeros but they are a more reddish brown and rolling resistance with the Conti’s should be lower.

Originally I had black GP 5000 on it but always felt the more ‘technical’ looking frame colors needed a warmer counterpart.

Hopefully will add photos with a less boring background when it stops raining/snowing here in Germany.

P.S.: you might notice the stripe of black car wrapping foil I used for hiding the Shimano decals 😊 – haven’t found a better solution yet…

Parts and weights list:

Last edited by omikronphi on Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

That's awsome all round.
Formerly known as Curryinahurry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spartacus

by spartacus

Very nice

wolflikeme

by wolflikeme

Great looking build and impressive weight.

Sworks Tarmac SL8 - 7.09kg
LS Ultimate (7.89kg), Tarmac SL7 (7.56kg), Aethos (7.00kg), Venge (7.59 kg), Roubaix Team (7.53 kg) - Sold

Geoff

by Geoff

Ok, that's nice. That livery is really nice.

omikronphi

by omikronphi

Thanks all!

Forgot to mention that I got my hands on some Aethos thru-axles and headset expander, that saved 25g from the original parts.

I also tried my luck in fitting a Tarmac Sl7 stem but it just didn't fit right because of different spacer shapes.
Maybe there will be a solution for that in the future, I've seen a thread in the road section here addressing this problem.

fritzbox

by fritzbox

Perfect!

omikronphi

by omikronphi

Thanks!

another one:

Stvrox

by Stvrox

Beautiful bike. When I saw pics of that colour scheme online I wasn't overly enamoured at first but seeing them in the flesh at the Vuelta was a literal eye opener. I think I spent more time looking at them than any other bike. Seriously cool. Hope it rides as well as it looks.

omikronphi

by omikronphi

Haha, same with me when they raced through my area during 'Deutschland Tour' 2018. It was cool watching the riders passing but my main focus was the team car...

and yes, it feels fast, is quite light for an aero disc bike, stiff and comfortable enough for me.

Maddie

by Maddie

What a beauty!

Omikronphi, you must have a great taste. I also remember your sub 5 SS Evo. You still have that?

omikronphi

by omikronphi

Thanks Maddie!

The SS Evo is still with me, currently waiting for a new cockpit. But it's not sub 5 anymore because I switched to eTap and clinchers, it's somewhere around 5.4kg at the moment.

Maddie

by Maddie

Good to hear it's still around

omikronphi

by omikronphi

Quick non-drive side-shot below after yesterdays short ride over the hills.

I have a Tarmac SL7 stem on order and will try to fit it. Either Maddie's effort will be successful (see thread in road section) or I will try to file the transition spacer.

Also mounted 28mm tires for springtime, there's still some salt and lots of gravel/mud on the roads here.
5000 transparent tires run smaller than the black version for both sizes, about 1mm in width and height.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com