ARC8 Escapee build

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Sounds like a comfortable bike, a must in todays market. You should be able to be comfortable and still get all the stiffness you want. Looks great and you won't run into any others on the road.

Yes, today was a good day to ride. I was out on my new O2 VAM. Might post a ride report tomorrow.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

ultreia

by ultreia

fruitfly wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:17 am
I completed a build of my ARC8 Escapee (57cm) frameset. It is more or less stock build, so there is nothing remarkable or innovative here. I chose this frameset because it was different, I liked the background and design strategy of the designer, it is cheaper than "big brand" framesets, and for the graphic design. I am 66 and was looking for one bike to do it all for fair weather riding, to go with my winter bike with fenders (Domane SL 2017). I haven't ridden it yet, but it is reasonably light, reasonably aero, and supposed to be reasonably comfortable. I rode a long charity ride on chipseal on my SL5 S-Works Tarmac, and was exhausted by the road vibration, so I am hoping this will give me at least some of the comfort of an endurance bike.

Weights (I don't have a scale to weigh the bike-the parts were weighed to an accuracy of 1gm), so total weight should be reasonably close. Parts are Dura Ace unless otherwise specified

Frame 911 (with FD mount)
Fork 385 after cutting
Hanger 20
Expander and cap 32 + 6
Headset bearings (ARC8) 54
Seatpost clamp (ARC8) 10
Seatpost cut (ARC8) 170
Seat (Berk Lupina) 73
Integrated bar/stem (ICAN) 364
Spacers (ICAN) and topcap (ARC8) 35
Bartape (Supacaz) 72
Bottle cages and bolts (Supacaz) 51
di2 Cables, battery, junctions 126
Calipers and hydraulic lines 321
Rotors 233
Caliper fixing bolts F+R 28
Front derailleur 106
Rear derailleur 198
Crankset (50/34) 629
BSA Bottom Bracket (Hawk Racing) 94
Chain (after shortening) 261
Brifters 346
Cassette (11-30) 213
LG Flyweight AR Wheels 35mm
/Carbon Ti hubs/Sapim spokes: F:561; R:667
LG Flyweight AR 55mm
Carbon Ti hubs: F:612; R 712
Through axles (ARC8) 78
Goodyear F1 SS 25c front tire 257
Goodyear F1 28c rear tire 310
Sealant (both tires) 60
Speedplay Ti pedals 158
Polar/computer mounts+bolts 43

Nominal Total (bike not weighed): 6.9kg with 35mm wheels; 7.0kg with 55mm wheels)
It looks pretty nice, could you tell us the model of the integrated handlebar you have in this bike?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fruitfly

by fruitfly

Sorry ultreia, didn't notice this until now. Handlebar is a Yoeleo H9. Bought it because it was available in 38cm, shallow drop, and quite light. I don't have to worry about bar flex with my low watts!
Factor Ostro