Tarmac - Red NOW CHARCOAL - Updated 9.16.2021

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

spartacus wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:33 pm
How hard was it to line up the new decals over the old ones?
No, took me roughly 25 min to install the 5 decals. I used a simple wet application that allows you to move the decals into place and then move out any moisture with a heat gun. Was easy to do.

Geoff wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:07 am
OK, that's nice. Those decals really worked well.
Thank you, I could not be happier with the result!

r3m

by r3m

Love the new decals !!
I want to know the size of the orginal decals for a tarmac SL7 in size 56. Do you know where i can find this?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

r3m wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:42 pm
Love the new decals !!
I want to know the size of the orginal decals for a tarmac SL7 in size 56. Do you know where i can find this?
I got my decals through speedydecal.com. Mine required that I measured mine, however he had some cookie cutter SL7 decals on his site that my friend got. He said he didn't have to measure his. Check out the website

Dannnnn

by Dannnnn

Much prefer those charcoal graphics. Looks superb

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Dannnnn wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:22 pm
Much prefer those charcoal graphics. Looks superb
Appreciate it, thank you! I'm recovering from knee surgery, but hoping to get out on this thing in the next few weeks and see it in motion.

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

I added white wheel decals and she is complete for now. I wasn't sure about going with the decals because I've been drawn to black wheels for so long. I got these for cheap on ebay since I wasn't sure if I'd commit to them or not. The coverage is not perfect like the frame decals, but since they are covering a black logo, you can't tell at all. Might not be everyone's flavor, but I'm loving the decals on the bike.

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

I'm still new to the world of disc bikes. I've done some reading, but with no experience its hard to read through biased opnions online from websites. Can anyone help make some suggestions to some lightweight rotors that perform GOOD? I'm using 160mm Sram centerline right now. Thinking of going to a 140mm which will allow me to get rid of the 160mm adapter mount too. This combined with some lighter Thru-axles and I think it would come in under 6.8kg

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

While I can't give you first hand experience with light rotors that "perform GOOD", I can give you the basic information that comes back whenever I raise brake issues, and that is that every move to reduce weight in a hydro disc system will result in a decline in braking performance. There are lot's of members here who run various light rotors, (Galfer, etc), and find them adequate. But will they perform as well as the Sram Centerline? Doubtful. And will they perform at a satisfactory level for you? Maybe, maybe not. I have two disc bikes, one with XTR rotors and one with Centerline, and the Centerline provide smoother braking and are less prone to warping than the Shimano XTR. As for downsizing rotors - you are asking less metal to deal with the same amount of heat. Unless I was relatively light and riding on terrain that was easy on brakes, I would be very hesitant to go to smaller rotors.

We all want our disc bikes lighter, and while others may disagree with me, IMO unless you are going all out on a WW disc build, small reductions in weight are not worth comprimising a less than perfect system. All that said, I would also suggest you give some light rotors a try. It is a relatively affordable experiment.

You want really light? Go rim brake.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

I need a recommendation for a light weight rotor center lock. The stock shimano locks I'm using are coming in at 34g for both which seems a bit husky.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

The shimano centerlock’s on ultegra and up weight around 8g a piece, which basically is as light as it gets. There are many other brands making lockrings like BBB and KCNC but they also all weight 8g

Also only get the ones that use a cassette tool

stevec1975

by stevec1975

The only lighter ones I have seen are Absolute Black, for a whopping 2.2g saving!

https://absoluteblack.cc/centerlock-lockring2.html

wolflikeme

by wolflikeme

Paint job reminds me a bit of my old Roubaix Team. Nice build !

Sworks Tarmac SL8 - 7.09kg
LS Ultimate (7.89kg), Tarmac SL7 (7.56kg), Aethos (7.00kg), Venge (7.59 kg), Roubaix Team (7.53 kg) - Sold

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

stevec1975 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:48 am
The only lighter ones I have seen are Absolute Black, for a whopping 2.2g saving!

https://absoluteblack.cc/centerlock-lockring2.html
Thank you guys. It turns out that the set of lockrings that came with my 140mm rotors I just got were the heavy ones and I was already using the Shimano ones that ended up weighing 7g. I was actually a bit dissappointed because I figured I was using the heavy ones also and I could then justify the cost of those Absolute black ones. But not paying $56 plus shipping to save 3g on those.

Appreciate ya

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Got some 140mm rotors to replace the 160mm. Have been very interested to see the difference in performance. I've asked a fair amount of people and the experiences are pretty wide spread, so the only way for me to cure my curiosity is to try it out for myself. Replaced both front and rear with the 140mm. at 160lbs I'm hoping that the 140mm will perform just as good. If that feels a bit off, I will try 160f/140r that a lot of people use and see how that feels. Anyone have some recommendations on brake pads?

Weight savings is about what I was expecting, but now on the lookout for some other options that will drop the weight total weight without sacrificing any performance.

The centerlocks that came with the 140mm were heavier shimano locks that were 18g each. I had just assumed that the ones I had installed with the 160mm were the same, so I was eager to get some Absolute black locks that are 5.5g each. However, it turns out that the shimano set I have on the bike are 7g, so not worth the cost to save 3g.