Tarmac - Red NOW CHARCOAL - Updated 9.16.2021

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Ritsuke wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:22 pm
Holy crap, you managed to get your hands on an Aerofly II 40cm? I've been searching for one for ages. :lol:
Yeah I got SOOOO Lucky. A friend of mine told me he bought some on Merlin and I said, yeah right. good luck as they are probably on back order and you'll get them in 6 months. I check online and they had one in stock and he got them. Over the next several days I hunted for them. Competitive cyclist showed they had inventory on a 40cm. I put them in my cart and then used their chat option for them to verify inventory. They had one returned that morning and had JUST been put back in stock. Didn't even hesitate and bought them right away. So lucky!

grnrcr

by grnrcr

Bianchi10 wrote:Just purchased a 2019 Tarmac Expert Disc so I don’t continue to wear down the rim surface of my current Tarmac.
This made me chuckle but I totally get it as a fellow bike nerd. You could just buy another set of durable aluminum clinchers for wet rides but nah, let’s build a new bike instead. Well done. Will be interesting to hear what you think about rim vs disc.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

grnrcr wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:29 pm
Bianchi10 wrote:Just purchased a 2019 Tarmac Expert Disc so I don’t continue to wear down the rim surface of my current Tarmac.
This made me chuckle but I totally get it as a fellow bike nerd. You could just buy another set of durable aluminum clinchers for wet rides but nah, let’s build a new bike instead. Well done. Will be interesting to hear what you think about rim vs disc.
I have a set of aluminum rims that I used for some rainy days. Even though it was managble, it was a pain in the butt to swap out the wheel and the pads. The brake pads always needed a slight adjustment and the hub/cassette wasn't exactly the same so the shifting was never dead on. So, while I could have used those, I always dreaded making the switch, which usually lead me to stay home and ride zwift.

I'm really hoping I enjoy having two bikes. I'll give it a go for a while, but if I find myself not really utitlizing both bikes, It will be gone.

xkcd

by xkcd

Wet weather bike and BB30, well good Luck with that :D

Have you thought about dura ace rotors? I think they would look good here, even though Sram/Shimano Mix

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

xkcd wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:14 am
Wet weather bike and BB30, well good Luck with that :D

Have you thought about dura ace rotors? I think they would look good here, even though Sram/Shimano Mix
:D Yeah, when I say "Rain Bike", I dont mean I'm headed out when it's raining. I mean, it rained the day before and the roads are still wet OR a group ride planned and their is a 50/50 chance of rain during the ride. I have a nice indoor set up for training when its pouring out.

Disc is a whole new world to me. I didn't know shimano rotors were compatible, but I'll check that option out.

KarlC

by KarlC

Bianchi10 wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:26 pm
Specialized Sworks 20mm seatpost. Hoping to get a Darimo zero setback ordered soon, but need to focus on getting the groupset purchased first.
Have you consider doing this, Im thinking of giving it a try .......

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=112588

C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

KarlC wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:23 pm
Bianchi10 wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:26 pm
Specialized Sworks 20mm seatpost. Hoping to get a Darimo zero setback ordered soon, but need to focus on getting the groupset purchased first.
Have you consider doing this, Im thinking of giving it a try .......

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=112588

Wow, I would have never considered doing that and I would most likely mess it up. I'm not very good with doing that type of manipulation with materials like that and certainly don't have the proper tools. I love the idea though!!

takolino

by takolino

I did this to my 3T Strada seat post which was a boat anchor. I couldn't wait for Darimo to make one. Saved over a hundred grams! It's definitely not something you can do without a drill press and some special bits. Precise measuring is a must. I got an extra seat post just in case I messed up. If you want to give it a go, I can answer questions. I also wrote up about it here:viewtopic.php?f=10&t=163002&start=75

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

takolino wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:39 am
I did this to my 3T Strada seat post which was a boat anchor. I couldn't wait for Darimo to make one. Saved over a hundred grams! It's definitely not something you can do without a drill press and some special bits. Precise measuring is a must. I got an extra seat post just in case I messed up. If you want to give it a go, I can answer questions. I also wrote up about it here:viewtopic.php?f=10&t=163002&start=75
That is amazing work and I'm envious of your ability to do this. However, I am certainly not capable of completing a task like this. I'd be left with 1 finger and probably even find a way to brake my leg in the process :lol:

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

SLF Oversized Pulley system

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

This might be a layup for a lot of you, but I'm not very mechanically inclined when working on my bike, especially if I've never done specific tasks before. I've broken many of parts in the past because I thought I knew what I was doing but didn't. I've gotten better at many of the basics now that I've learned from my mistakes, but still struggle to trust myself with those things I've never done.

My Etap groupset arrived today and was able to successfully install the OSWP. Proud to say that I did it on the first try. No broken parts and still have all 10 fingers :D

She's coming together. Hoping to have all my parts by next week.

Comparison to the stock set up weight

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Starting to see why disc bikes weigh so much more than rim brake bikes!

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Xtr rotors are way lighter

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

robbosmans wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:35 am
Xtr rotors are way lighter
Someone else was telling me that as well, but I can't stand the look of the XTR rotors. Right now, I'm about $500 over budget so I have to stop all purchases until I can save up some more funds. I have 98% ordered or on hand, so I'm close. Once I get some money saved up, I'll be buying a Darimo 0 offset post. As much as my mind is still trying to keep this bike light, the zero offset is more of a need than want. I cannot stand the look of the Specialized ) offset post, which leaves me with the Darimo as my only option. I have it on my Sworks and trust it, so I'll get another one for this bike too.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

xkcd

by xkcd

I cannot stand the look of the Specialized offset post
really? in my humble opinion, seatpost with setback look always better than seatposts without. I'd rather see a saddle all the way to the front on a seatpost with setback than a weird bulky looking stump. and as far as the specialized seatpost goes.. its far from ugly :noidea: