Oioi!!!!! It's here looks awesome mate.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

Maddie

by Maddie

Hot damn! That cockpit, these colors, awesomeness

tonchy

by tonchy

Most enjoyable topic to read and super hot bike, congrats. :)

tifosiman

by tifosiman

Looks amazing! Great work, and thanks for the enjoyable read too. Looking forward to your next build!

protocol_droid

by protocol_droid

Whats the final weight?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

naked 3po, the first weight weenie.

Moltobene

by Moltobene

Oh boy! Amazing bike...this thread got me over the waiting time for my Diamante – until now. Delivery date has now been moved to "mid May" :roll:
So hopefully either this happens or you'll have to update us (me :oops: ) in the future with other details such as weight differences in regard to EPS battery status or acute FTP changes when riding this stunning bike :D
Also, I'm still actually waiting for an actual review of the chain length :P

GS100

by GS100

Really enjoyed the thread and the end result is superb. Aggressive but eminently rideable, not overly aero/ integrated and classic good looks 😃

neeb

by neeb

Very very nice..

maxim809
Administrator

by maxim809

Thanks all. ;D

Ah yes, it's indeed kinda old-school with only a bit of seat stay drop, and definitely not integrated by any means. It's maybe a very small thing but I tried to make the brake and shifter cabling strand together, then "part" in a flowy and proportional way.

Played around with the rear brake housing length so I could get it to start curving at a point I thought looked nice. This required making the length as short as possible without impact the handlebar's ability to rotate freely. Another thing that worked really well for my frame size, was to route the brake housing & EPS cables between the head tube and front brake housing. Neither of the housing touch or rub each other when swaying the handlebars 180°. There is an incredibly tiny air gap that maintains throughout the whole movement. Got super lucky here.

@droid Oh yes, it's a tank. Measured it is 7.78kg, or about 17.2 lbs. Individually summed total calculates out to 7.777 kg, fwiw.

Each major part has huge savings opportunity. But I quickly realized this wasn't going to be the base to do a WW build on, lol.

I'd like to do one some day, and when I do I'll do it right. Also, I'm pretty sure someone from Basso would come smother me in my sleep if I took sandpaper to the frame, lol. Sleep with one eye open.

@ Moltobene - The 110 links is working great for this gearing. B-tension is key for getting into the 32T properly and keeping it silent.

Sorta unrelated, but I've noticed 12 speed is very sensitive to every little bit of setup for my build. For example, if I don't clamp down the QR tightly, EPS struggles to shift from 28T->32T while in the Big Ring.

I don't cross-chain on purpose when riding, but I do this as part of my regular routine when topping off the chain since I want the lube to work its way through the links by hand-pedaling in the extremes. I've topped off the chain about 5 times now, and through experimenting I isolated weird quirks like this down to something as simple as getting the QR tightened snuggly.

I am the laziest person, so the simplest things turn into the most complex, self-induced problems.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

Best basso I have seen since the good old days of Columbus slx

maxim809
Administrator

by maxim809

phew, thank you!

a rider in the club has a steel Basso from that era built up... very good looking bike and stands out in our modern world

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tommasini

by tommasini

As a long time campy guy (on Tommasini's) its great to see your Italian build (frame, parts, wheels)

Your comments along the way of this build were very entertaining.....but yet for those of us who understand the details - you brought out a lot of important details that some dont grasp.....many came about as part of light hearted comments but actually are a leason to be learned from a knowledgeable master.

Well Done!