Light Bicycle/Pioneer'd Specialized Allez Sprint Disc: cost-effective fast.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

ManPants

by ManPants

It's not by any means a weight weenie, but I'm fairly happy with the sleek package I've built for the relatively small outlay.

She started life as an Allez Sprint Disc Comp bought new on-sale last year for a price too good to refuse.

With a few tweaks, I feel like I've basically got a slightly heavier and slightly less aero Venge for a fraction of the cost.

I immediately swapped out the BB and replaced the gross stock praxis cranks with an ultegra pioneer dual power meter. That plus the 46x28mm LBs I had on-hand got me this:

More recently I added a power saddle, hot-waxed chain, DA rotors, and LB's new WR65 (65mm deep, 32mm wide) wheels wrapped in tubeless Schwalbe Pro One TLEs:

The wheels measure about 32.5mm wide externally and the tyres are a shade over 30.5mm with that huge 25mm internal diameter, so they're >105% and thusly both fast AF and all but invisible to crosswinds. It's quite remarkable. The ride is amazing, too, notwithstanding the crazy high stiffness of such deep wheels with so many spokes, on an already stiff AF frame.

So there you have it. I love my modest little build and I hope that you do too.

Specs:
2019 Allez Sprint Disc Comp 58cm
Stock Shimano R7020 with DA rotors
Pioneer dual-sided ultegra R8000 PM (172.5mm 52/36)
Light Bicycle WR65s (glossy, without holes) on Hope RS4s with Sapim cx-rays and brass nipples
Power saddle
Tubeless Schwalbe Pro One TLEs
Waxed YBN chains (three on rotation every couple of hundred kms)
Wahoo Elemnt Roam on K-edge duo mount with Cycliq Fly12 CE
Cycliq Fly6 CE

NoMütze

by NoMütze

nice build! awesome wheels!!

you have to let the sun shine on these wheels...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ManPants

by ManPants

Thanks! It's pretty sunny down here at the moment so I'll have to be careful not to blind anyone 😉

takolino

by takolino

Great build. Looks real solid. I have the WR50 and love them. Good to hear the 65s are ok in crosswinds.

TRUNKZZZ

by TRUNKZZZ

How much does the whole thing weigh?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

I love cost-effective builds. Good job putting this one together. Regarding the photographs, always make sure that your lighting source is behind you, the photographer, not behind your subject. It makes the subject near-impossible to see.

The one question I have on parts selection - why the glossy finish on the wheels, when you have a matte finish on the bike? Personally, I think the first photo and setup are the nicest ones.