Velobuild vbr-066 project

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: maxim809, MrCurrieinahurry, Moderator Team

stevokinevo
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:51 pm

by stevokinevo

Hey,

Where did you get the transfers done?

Algreen
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:29 am

by Algreen

I bought vinyl graphics from an online store https://directdecals.com/decals

by Weenie


Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com



jstrawks
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:13 am

by jstrawks

Algreen, may I know, did your rear hydraulic brake hose go over or under the bottom bracket?

Algreen
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:29 am

by Algreen

jstrawks wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:40 am
Algreen, may I know, did your rear hydraulic brake hose go over or under the bottom bracket?
Brakes Over. shifter cables under.

jstrawks
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:13 am

by jstrawks

Algreen wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:55 am
jstrawks wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:40 am
Algreen, may I know, did your rear hydraulic brake hose go over or under the bottom bracket?
Brakes Over. shifter cables under.
Thanks!

jstrawks
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:13 am

by jstrawks

May I ask what you used to press your bottom bracket?

Algreen
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:29 am

by Algreen

jstrawks wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:04 am
May I ask what you used to press your bottom bracket?
The BBinfinite bottom bracket comes with a pressing cup and I have the wheels manufacturing bearing press tool. Don't try hammering. There's lots of DIY options to build a bearing press that cost $5 from a hardware store. YouTube is your friend on how to build.

jstrawks
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:13 am

by jstrawks

Algreen wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:04 am
jstrawks wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:04 am
May I ask what you used to press your bottom bracket?
The BBinfinite bottom bracket comes with a pressing cup and I have the wheels manufacturing bearing press tool. Don't try hammering. There's lots of DIY options to build a bearing press that cost $5 from a hardware store. YouTube is your friend on how to build.
Thanks, again.

ZeBen84
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:03 am

by ZeBen84

Hey i was looking to get this frame from VeloBuild and i'd like to know how it's holding up and most importantly if there is enough room to put a power meter (mine is dual sided from Giant which sticks out by 6mms from the crank) ?

Cheers !

Algreen
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:29 am

by Algreen

I've got about 3,000 miles on it and it's been great. Comfortable, responsive, solid. I don't think you'll have any issues with a power meter clearance near the chain stays. I use ultegra cranks and there is a 9mm gap on NDS and 18mm on DS.

Image

ZeBen84
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:03 am

by ZeBen84

Seems a little tight to me, it would let only 3mm at best and i'm not sure it would clear the nearest spot of the bottom brack, since the NDS power thingy is pretty close to the bottom bracket.

Algreen
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:29 am

by Algreen

Update 3,250mi.

Updated the last part on my build list, The EXS carbon handlebar, 38cm. Claimed weight is 175g, actual is 171g which I think is very respectable for the price. Finish on the bars is very nice. 98g reduction from the aluminum Zipp SL-70 Ergo. This puts my build at my goal weight of 6.8kg! (6.88kg to be exact).

Image

No further mods at this time. Just going to enjoy it and ride while I plan an aero build. Was considering throwing on some gravel tires for the Fall season.

NovellaNovelli
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:21 am

by NovellaNovelli

If you don't mind me asking, what is your height/measurements? Looking into this frame but a bit unsure what size to get (i'm somewhere between XS/S)

Algreen
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:29 am

by Algreen

NovellaNovelli wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:07 am
If you don't mind me asking, what is your height/measurements? Looking into this frame but a bit unsure what size to get (i'm somewhere between XS/S)
165cm
68kg
I chose this frame for the weight and short reach at 517mm.

NovellaNovelli
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:21 am

by NovellaNovelli

Algreen wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:17 pm
NovellaNovelli wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:07 am
If you don't mind me asking, what is your height/measurements? Looking into this frame but a bit unsure what size to get (i'm somewhere between XS/S)
165cm
68kg
I chose this frame for the weight and short reach at 517mm.
Thanks! I'm at 173 so would think I need the size higher but i'm not sure that I like that the stack height increases so dramatically with size S. Might have to look at other options...

by Weenie


Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com



Post Reply