Barn find Bianchi mega pro xl

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Martin.F

by Martin.F

@akastana - very nice build. Yours must be the exact same bike and components that the team used? Do you ride yours? Where did you get your parts?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Martin.F

by Martin.F

So I stumbled over some cool wheels. They cost me close to nothing, but they need some work. I've cleaned, degreased and regreased the hubs. Fantastic quality. Very smooth rolling after all these years

The rims however need some polish. One of the previous owners have put the brake pads too low, so the shiny part is worn and scratched some places. The shiny parts have oxidized, so gonna need some polishing

I have a dremel tool with cotton attachments for polishing. Need some assistance and know-how to use it. Do I purchase some quality aluminium polish and have a go at it? Should i do some work with a pad first?

I'm thinking about getting some new decals for them as well. Only 2/8 is in ok condition.

I've also got a pair og yellow hutchinson atom laying around, and i purchased celeste bar tape and elite ciussi bottle cages for it.

Missing now is

Campagnolo skewers
Pirate flite saddle
Yellow ITM stem (110/120mm for me)
Record 9 crank arms
Campagnolo cables and housing
Red look keo sprints (correct color + I can use the bike then)
Record threadless 1" headsetImageImageImageImageImage

Sent fra min HD1913 via Tapatalk

Martin.F

by Martin.F

It's getting closer.

Got new stickers for the ventos + used some alloy polish to get them shiny again. Added some bar tape, cables and housing and its starting to look like a bike. Still need that yellow pirate saddle and correct crankset...

In the meantime it got a friend. It's been a bike of erik$ at the forum, and now it's my turn to enjoy it. I have ordered a white arione and bar tape to go on it, and the black arione will live om the basso going forward

Three generations of italian bikes. '98, ~'08 and '20 modelsImageImageImage

Sent fra min HD1913 via Tapatalk