FL's Focus Izalco Max Disc 9 Build, 6.63kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

velov

by velov

Great build. As someone who owned the previous Izalco Max, I just find the very high fork crown and short headtube a bit unbalanced in this new model.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kam0916

by Kam0916

Very nice farm lim ..

recoilfx

by recoilfx

Hey Farm Lim,

Which bike shop did you get this lovely Izalco from? I'm in the US, and there is no Focus dealers here. My sister lives in Hong Kong, so if I am thinking of her buying there and sending it over to me. If you don't mind, can you also let me know how much the frameset costs?

Jalopy

by Jalopy

iamraymond wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:12 am
I didn't catch the tuning of the seat post when I read the CT article. I did something very similar to my BMC SLR01 seat post and saved 24g by swapping to a carbon J&L cradle and titanium yokes. A great way to save some weight on these non-round seat posts without having to go with a Darimo post.
You're in my mind. I did the same on my slr01. The stock craddle system was 60-80gr by itself, if I'm not mistaken

iamraymond

by iamraymond

Yeah it’s a very easy and cheap way to save weight got sure.
05A9C06A-16C1-4DD1-8781-15A1DA21F6C9.jpeg

farm_lim

by farm_lim

iamraymond wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:12 am
I didn't catch the tuning of the seat post when I read the CT article. I did something very similar to my BMC SLR01 seat post and saved 24g by swapping to a carbon J&L cradle and titanium yokes. A great way to save some weight on these non-round seat posts without having to go with a Darimo post.
31g with a JL cradle, aluminum clamps and ti bolts.

you cant buy fitness, but you can buy advantage.

farm_lim

by farm_lim

CLEAR wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:14 pm
Nicely done... what's your inseam and height? I'm caught in between S and M. Normally my frames are 54ETT
usual saddle height is 69.5cm. sorry, i dont have my inseam number.

farm_lim

by farm_lim

recoilfx wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:48 pm
Hey Farm Lim,

Which bike shop did you get this lovely Izalco from? I'm in the US, and there is no Focus dealers here. My sister lives in Hong Kong, so if I am thinking of her buying there and sending it over to me. If you don't mind, can you also let me know how much the frameset costs?
sent you a PM for the shop details.

farm_lim

by farm_lim

thanks everyone!

velov,
agree. could have been lower as there's still a bit of clearance between underside and tires for better aesthetics and lower front end, but not a dealbreaker for me.

Schadenfreude

by Schadenfreude

Hi, your build got some attention recently on a Focus Izalco users Facebook group : )

I'm thinking of replacing the RAT axles on my Izalco and have had a look at the links you provided. I'm just wondering what length axles you ordered? That aliexpress store has several options and I'm not sure which one to order.
farm_lim wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:27 pm
thru-axles- https://www.aliexpress.com/store/519103 ... 4c4d8dur9K
thru-axle female nut that fits focus- https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001067 ... 4c4d8dur9K
carbon cradle and clamp from this seatpost onto the stock focus post- https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3283443 ... 499ew3IQls

parkkiback

by parkkiback

wow the wheels are so light.. nicely done.
i saw same frameset with force axs and dtswiss wheelset
but it was almost about8kg without pedals...

djel

by djel

Schadenfreude wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:56 am
Hi, your build got some attention recently on a Focus Izalco users Facebook group : )

I'm thinking of replacing the RAT axles on my Izalco and have had a look at the links you provided. I'm just wondering what length axles you ordered? That aliexpress store has several options and I'm not sure which one to order.
Front 145mm TP 1.5mm
Rear 172mm TP 1.5mm

terrible1

by terrible1

I think that looks bloody lovely, and one of the nicest new carbon frames i've seen. enjoy!

Lozaen

by Lozaen

Very nice build.
Was looking into the Izalco Martini color scheme, but was disappointed by the weight.
Good to see, that it is acutally possible to have a lightweight build made from it.

One question though. Still happy with the cockpit?
Interested in buying Carbonsport Lightweight wheels with broken spokes.

BMC Teammachine SLR01 Disc Team 2018|Ridley Helium | Kuota Kross|Cannondale Scalpel 29 Hi-Mod

Schadenfreude

by Schadenfreude

djel wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:25 am

Front 145mm TP 1.5mm
Rear 172mm TP 1.5mm
Thanks for this, but I couldn't find those particular lengths. Is there any specific thread length that is required? I can't figure out the height of the nut that the axle threads into.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com