2020 BAUM Corretto #SaveTheRimBrake - and My Bikes Timeline

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Moafaq

by Moafaq

Cheers guys :)

MrCurrieinahurry wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:28 am
Tbf I think everyone should own one ti bike I really miss my one.
Keep coming back to look at this.
What did you have? Yes indeed but I guess to go with quality butted light one instead of any Ti frame! or any would do the same quality ride, haven't yet tried!?

For those who wants to race I'm guessing it's best to get off the shelf carbon bike, carbon seems to accelerates faster but not as comfortable for long races/rides as Ti. Also if carbon bike breaks due to race crash just get another one not waiting months to order custom Ti!

That's how I see it 😅 I'm using my BAUM for training and to enjoy long rides.. keeping the R5 for local races.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ritsuke

by Ritsuke

Lovely bike and splendid pictures!
Road // 2023 S-Works Tarmac SL8 | Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 | Roval Rapide CLX
Gravel // 2023 Specialized Crux Pro | SRAM Force AXS | Roval Terra CL
Retired // 2022 S-Works Shiv TT // 2021 S-Works Tarmac SL7 // 2019 Specialized Allez Sprint Red Hook

biwa

by biwa

Great bike, love the finish (polished/masked decals on top of blasted satin texture?). Curious why a 50mm rake fork, is the HTA pretty slack?

kgibbo1868

by kgibbo1868

That is a great looking bike, it’s nice to see another Baum on here. You will enjoy it for many many years I think. I got my Baum a year ago and it still impresses me every time I ride it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2019 Baum Ristretto
Pain is my friend!

Moafaq

by Moafaq

Ritsuke wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:46 pm
Lovely bike and splendid pictures!
biwa wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:50 am
Great bike, love the finish (polished/masked decals on top of blasted satin texture?). Curious why a 50mm rake fork, is the HTA pretty slack?
Thanks. Not sure tbh about y the 50mm. I left it to BAUM to decide what best. Not sure what is HTA? << sorry not very technical guy :D
kgibbo1868 wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:51 am
That is a great looking bike, it’s nice to see another Baum on here. You will enjoy it for many many years I think. I got my Baum a year ago and it still impresses me every time I ride it!
Hi BAUM fella :) just hit 1000km. Drivers in Saudi are crazy and I hope this stay intact.. had 2 situations already where I was about to be hit from the back as I was in the roundabout and to them this BAUM & myself seem invisible!

exctasy

by exctasy

@moafaq, this is sweet! Lovely pics!

RyanWad

by RyanWad

Very clean build, enjoy the ride.

CLEAR

by CLEAR

God save the rimbrakes FTW awesome build

MBak2034

by MBak2034

Mofaq - this is a great looking build. Wondeirng how it compares to your Cervelo and which one you prefer to ride most days?

rollinslow

by rollinslow

Gorgerous build. Perfection, though I would prefer to see Campy on there :)
Moots Vamoots RSL (2019)-Super Record 12
Cervelo S1 (2010)-Super Record 12
Kestrel RT700 (2008)-Dura Ace 9000
Mosaic GT-1 (2020)-SRAM Red viewtopic.php?f=10&t=174523

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

Well done. Ti lives forever. While not a rim brake I love my Litespeed T3disc everyday I ride it. My Blue AC-1 with rim brakes just kind of looks at me longingly. The Blue will get its turn to be ridden since once winter sets in I use it on my rollers.

tristn

by tristn

What is it about Ti that makes it so irresistible

rajMAN

by rajMAN

:beerchug: Beautiful build with nice proportions.

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

[quote=tristn post_id=1710999 time=1634983855 user_id=109542]
What is it about Ti that makes it so irresistible
[/quote]

Saying the ride sums it up although it does not define it. The compliance of my Litespeed T3 is great. Zero flex and yet in absorbs enough road shock that the ride is wonderful. The fork and frame is instantly responsive to any input I put into it. Gives me a lot of road feed back. I hit a tiny pebble and I feel it yet not in a jarring way. Back to the stiffness it tracks perfectly inspiring me to not slow down for corners when I turn, provided it's clean corner since some where I live may have gravel, I ride 95% chip nad seal roads. Even when I take a corner that has gravel it slids very predictable and I continue down the road without missing a beat. That may have a bit to do with my mountain biking skills but a slide on the road does not effect my confidence in the bike and more importantly I know I won't go down just neeed to ride it out get the bike under control and continue my journey.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com