Specialized S-Works SL7 6,75kg(updated weight on page 6)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

ome rodriguez

by ome rodriguez

Less than 2 months on my brand new dura ace r9170 di2 disc hydro groupset and my left crank arm cracks and delaminates, tsk tsk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Maddie

by Maddie

That's unfortunate and scary... I guess you didn't crash? Will you replace the cranks with something else?

sychen

by sychen

Scary indeed.. Have seen this issue with ultegra crankset... Not da..

Time to get a weenie crankset?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

iamraymond

by iamraymond

A the dreaded Shimano crank issue problem. @thanksshimano on IG.

You're in the Philippines right? If I recall correctly someone made a video about these Shimano crank failures and hypothesized that the failures were more prevalent in humid environments.

ome rodriguez

by ome rodriguez

Maddie wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:52 am
That's unfortunate and scary... I guess you didn't crash? Will you replace the cranks with something else?
sychen wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:02 am
Scary indeed.. Have seen this issue with ultegra crankset... Not da..

Time to get a weenie crankset?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
iamraymond wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:49 pm
A the dreaded Shimano crank issue problem. @thanksshimano on IG.

You're in the Philippines right? If I recall correctly someone made a video about these Shimano crank failures and hypothesized that the failures were more prevalent in humid environments.
It was fotunate it happened on a climb so didn't crash. I stopped because was pedaling weirdly then saw the failure. Will try to warranty it first then decide what to replace. I borrowed my friend's pre dura-ace 9000 left crank arm for temporary use. Yes, I'm in the Philippines and it's humid most of the time, but never had problems with Campy parts falling apart with our weather.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Sorry about the crank but that green looks fantastic
Formerly known as Curryinahurry

Ritsuke

by Ritsuke

That's what I tought as well. Looks great in close up!
Road // 2023 S-Works Tarmac SL8 | Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 | Roval Rapide CLX
Gravel // 2023 Specialized Crux Pro | SRAM Force AXS | Roval Terra CL
Retired // 2022 S-Works Shiv TT // 2021 S-Works Tarmac SL7 // 2019 Specialized Allez Sprint Red Hook

easyv

by easyv

Gorgeous pair of bikes! What did the Aethos ultimately weigh in at fully built up?

ome rodriguez

by ome rodriguez

Our Shimano distributor gave me a turnaround of 6 months or more to warranty my cracked and delaminated Dura-Ace R9100 left crank arm. Sold my refurbished and rechargeable upgraded SRM Rotor 3D+ powermeter. My Garmin Vector 3 just died after multiple cover replacement and warranty. Saw a Dura-Ace R9100 4iii powermeter on sale in CRC.

iamraymond

by iamraymond

That’s the best way to fix/upgrade for the delaminated arm! I have the 4iiii PM and it’s been great.

HTS888

by HTS888

Hi Ome, a little off topic, I have just built up my SL6 Ultralight and have Aerofly 2 on back order, as you have had both SL7 and SL6 do you think it is possible to use the SL7 stem on the SL6? I am not bothered about cable integration, thanks :)

ome rodriguez

by ome rodriguez

HTS888 wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:03 am
Hi Ome, a little off topic, I have just built up my SL6 Ultralight and have Aerofly 2 on back order, as you have had both SL7 and SL6 do you think it is possible to use the SL7 stem on the SL6? I am not bothered about cable integration, thanks :)
Yes you can, but the stem's profile doesn't match round spacers. You won't be able to cover(only comes with SL7) the backside of the stem too. Looks aside there shouldn't be a problem. Btw, when you buy the Tarmac stem separately you don't get any accessories like the ones from the SL7 frameset.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ome rodriguez

by ome rodriguez

I prefer racing on my SL7. We have a road race next weekend and lots of climbing so borrowed the Roval Alpinist Wheels from my Aethos.
Now at 6,75kg.