Specialized S-Works SL7 6,75kg(updated weight on page 6)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

DanielNorway

by DanielNorway

Any particular reason for why you put the junction in the handlebar and not in the seatpost?

Im thinking of doing the same, since I think it looks better, and my di2-cables fits that routing better.

ome rodriguez

by ome rodriguez

Same reasons here. Also if on the seatpost more susceptible to splatter from wet roads

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RideRunSwim

by RideRunSwim

ome rodriguez wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:17 pm
Happy New Year!!!

Is there a big difference between the ride of the aethos and tarmac? If you had to keep only one, which would it be?

ome rodriguez

by ome rodriguez

The tarmac sl7 is faster, the aethos more comfortable. Hands down tarmac sl7. My aethos purchase gave me a little bit of regret, I was lured by spez marketing.

Geraint

by Geraint

Thanks for that brutally honest insight - you just saved me a lot of money! :beerchug: :D

NYCPrynne

by NYCPrynne

ome rodriguez wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:23 am
HTS888 wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:03 am
Hi Ome, a little off topic, I have just built up my SL6 Ultralight and have Aerofly 2 on back order, as you have had both SL7 and SL6 do you think it is possible to use the SL7 stem on the SL6? I am not bothered about cable integration, thanks :)
Yes you can, but the stem's profile doesn't match round spacers. You won't be able to cover(only comes with SL7) the backside of the stem too. Looks aside there shouldn't be a problem. Btw, when you buy the Tarmac stem separately you don't get any accessories like the ones from the SL7 frameset.

I wonder if you know the answer....does the spacer immediately under the stem add 2.5 mm, or does it not get included in the spacer height? Thanks.

NYCPrynne

by NYCPrynne

So this photo shows 17.5 mm of spacer? Am I right?
Thanks very much.

NYCPrynne

by NYCPrynne

Thanks. That is helpful so I can plan things out.

Your stable of bikes is beautiful. Very, very nice.

DanielNorway

by DanielNorway

Remember effective stack for SL7 is "stack" + headsetcover(= 15mm+1,5mm gap) + 2,5 mm mandatory spacer under stem + X mm regular spacers (X=0-35mm)

Arka

by Arka

ome rodriguez wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:49 pm
My aethos purchase gave me a little bit of regret, I was lured by spez marketing.
Hi Ome, noobie here and have been doing some back reading on all of your awesome bikes! Any plans on selling your Aethos? I live in Paranaque ( walking distance from MOA ) I've been asking the specialized dealers here and they don't accept special orders. I was surprised to see you have both the highly coveted SL7 and Aethos. If you don't mind me asking, how / where did you purchase them? Thanks in advance, totally appreciate the help!

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

ome rodriguez wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:49 pm
The tarmac sl7 is faster, the aethos more comfortable. Hands down tarmac sl7. My aethos purchase gave me a little bit of regret, I was lured by spez marketing.
This is what i expected but i didn't want to spoil anything for you writing in this thread!
Sorry for you, quite a loss selling the bike :(
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

ome rodriguez

by ome rodriguez

I haven't sold the Aethos yet, but thinking of selling it. If I had not ridden a SL7, I would keep the Aethos

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Arka

by Arka

ome rodriguez wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:42 pm
I haven't sold the Aethos yet, but thinking of selling it.
i've always wanted one. .. how much are you planning to sell it for?