S-Works Epic Evo 2021

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

AnkitS

by AnkitS

Another day, another bike. This one is gonna be a heavy one but I'll live with it. I was initially waiting for my new road frame. But I caught the MTB bug and went all in. Yes, my wallet hurts.

I'm not a photographer by any means so I don't understand how to take photos of this thing but I tried my best, I'll try to take better photos of the paint when I build it up. Basically raw carbon with a bunch of random logos and paint thrown on it. I'm undecided if I like it or hate it still. As for the build, I'm thinking AXS with a Bike Yoke Devine Sl, the new Roval Control Sl wheelset, XTR brakes, ENVE Cockpit, and so forth.

Blue weights have been weighed, the rest is kinda just a placeholder/claimed while I wait for stuff to roll in!
Last edited by AnkitS on Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:07 pm, edited 6 times in total.

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

A really messy design on the frame in my opinion, almost looks like something went wrong.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AnkitS

by AnkitS

It's not the color I wanted either. I probably won't keep it long enough to repaint it or anything like that. I suspect that this frame is lighter than the yellow and green. The yellow was supposed to be a bike shop employee-only frameset and this frame is a 1/200ish and handpainted. Availability all around on this bike sucked.

I originally planned to get the comp and leave it stock but tonytourist explained to me that money is just a social construct.

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Money ain’t a thang, just buy more :roll: :noidea:

rapsac

by rapsac

Nice frameset, paint scheme is an acquired taste perhaps, but only really to be known when the bike is finished.

scant

by scant

thats a good weight for the frame considering the travel. if the colour still bothers you after a few months, go full weightweenie & sand all the paint off :)

I look forward to seeing the rest of the build

robbosmans

by robbosmans

For the drivetrain, shimano xtr shifts better than axs.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

AnkitS

by AnkitS

robbosmans wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:09 pm
I understand but I like the cleaner look of AXS, 3 cables all going to one port on the bike might not be ideal. In a perfect world, I would do an XTR cassette and chain with an AXS derailleur and shifter. Something like that would be perfect.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

icantaffordcycling wrote:
robbosmans wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:09 pm
I understand but I like the cleaner look of AXS, 3 cables all going to one port on the bike might not be ideal. In a perfect world, I would do an XTR cassette and chain with an AXS derailleur and shifter. Something like that would be perfect.
Yes I understand, axs mech and shimano cassette and chain is definitely a smart choice

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Is this POS done yet??

Maximilian

by Maximilian

tonytourist wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:59 pm
Is this POS done yet??
Hahaha, savage :lol: !

robbosmans

by robbosmans

How to photograph a bike: place it in front a clean wall, line everything up, take a straight picture with a 50mm lens or bigger, done

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Shimano scared me off their brakes for a while. Wandering bite point and leaking pistons? No thanks. I’ve got 4(!) M9000 pistons sitting in my parts box.

I’ll be on Magura or Shi-gura (Shimano lever, Magura caliper) for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnkitS

by AnkitS

@tonytouist fine I'll update you on this one. Too bad your Evo isn't going to be here until 2025 or maybe we could have actually ridden together sometime this decade.
Anyways, there was some delay in getting the parts that I really wanted so I pulled out the credit card and started swiping until I had a complete-ish bike. Just need to bleed the brakes and setup the dropper.

My Sid Ultimate isn't going to be here until October so I have the ugly Fox 34 SC for now, it's a 2020 model so it's matte instead of the new glossy one. My Control SL's are hostage somewhere in Utah, no idea when I will get those. Since the fork is temporary, I have a donut holder on it.

Good lighting or photography isn't to be expected from me anyways, only made worse by the thick layer of smoke outside right now. It's almost done...

Yeah, I know what you are thinking, I'm not a fan of the paint either.
Oh, I also updated the weights spreadsheet on the first post. Over 10kg makes me feel sick to my stomach.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Slow your roll, junior. Mine could be done before you even ride yours, and will definitely be done before yours since you are still waiting on fork and wheels.
Better start walking to Utah so you can get those wheels, bunk as* :evil: