KCookie

by KCookie

MrCurrieinahurry wrote:Throw some pics up kcooks always love a colnaggo pic
I certainly do. Image

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

I would go for the c64. It is a lighter frame than the c60 and I have parts that don't match either. Any superlight will normally not be unidirectional carbon

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KCookie

by KCookie

mike wrote:I would go for the c64. It is a lighter frame than the c60 and I have parts that don't match either. Any superlight will normally not be unidirectional carbon
Just over 200g lighter is quite a big difference.
I'll definitely get the C64 especially after looking at a YouTube video of a C64 with THM and Darimo parts, still looked stunning even though not in UD like the frame.
I'll get a Darimo post too as I need 0 offset. Maybe down the line a THM crank with PM.
At least the bars, stem, post, saddle & crank will match.
Will be leaving a deposit on the frame very shortly. Exciting times.

Wookski

by Wookski

The 3K is way better than UD. What about picking up a heavily used c60 and having it stripped and re cleared in 3K gloss?

KCookie

by KCookie

Totally agree with you. The 3k on the C60 looks stunning.
Just don't want a repaired frame as the re sell value drops dramatically.
The 3K on the frame ive just sent was in really good condition apart from the damaged i posted but even with it being repaired I wouldn't feel comfortable selling it on.

KCookie

by KCookie

I tell ya, I cant seem to catch a break.

Got an email from the freight company to say the parcel was delivered Thursday 2pm, so i called PayPal Friday to make sure they new this info. They said no it hasn't as they were typing the tracking number into the wrong freight companies website.
After I told them their mistake the lady realised I was right.

Just got an email now, gone midnight here from PayPal saying case closed i won't be getting a refund as I never sent the frame back.

I checked further in the detailed tracking info saying it was left in a safe place which I had paid extra for a signature which was a stipulation from PayPal.
Cant believe the courier did this.

So now im assuming the seller is saying he never received the frame.
WTF.

Nothing I can do now until I make a few calls on Monday.
Im really hoping its a computer error.

Certainly a sleepless night worrying tonight.

Lucendi

by Lucendi

Wow, you are not very lucky lately.

What shipping company did you use?

When I bought my Urgestalt frame UPS left it in the middle of the night outside in the rain and claimed I had signed for it. I woke up to a wet cardboardbox outside in my garden. Butchers!

ome rodriguez

by ome rodriguez

That's bad news. A paint restoration will do good for the C60 and still a nice build.

smellymcfatfats

by smellymcfatfats

Wow, this thread is an up and down rollercoaster. OP, glad you got a paypal refund on the C60, but I'm really sorry to hear about the delays with Darimo and Berk. And now this shipping disaster :(

Good luck with everything! You've been incredibly patient through this all, and that's very admirable.

Also, the LW looks stunning!

KCookie

by KCookie

Lucendi wrote:Image

Wow, you are not very lucky lately.

What shipping company did you use?

When I bought my Urgestalt frame UPS left it in the middle of the night outside in the rain and claimed I had signed for it. I woke up to a wet cardboardbox outside in my garden. Butchers!
I used a local company called startrack.

Wow, glad you got your frame. Could have easily been stolen. Seems these delivery guys don't really give a sh!t.

KCookie

by KCookie

ome rodriguez wrote:That's bad news. A paint restoration will do good for the C60 and still a nice build.
If it was just the paint I would have kept it but having damage to the carbon was a no no.

KCookie

by KCookie

smellymcfatfats wrote:Wow, this thread is an up and down rollercoaster. OP, glad you got a paypal refund on the C60, but I'm really sorry to hear about the delays with Darimo and Berk. And now this shipping disaster :(

Good luck with everything! You've been incredibly patient through this all, and that's very admirable.

Also, the LW looks stunning!
Thats the thing I've been told im not getting a refund as i never sent the frame back even though the tracking number says it was.
I suppose as it wasn't signed for there's no proof. All he has to say was it was stolen.
Thats me $4k out of pocket.
A few calls will be made Monday morning to find out what is going on.

Re, Berk.
Saw he had some items for sale on this site so messaged him and he answered straight away.
So after 7 months I have one saddle in the post already with two more being sent next week. Fingers crossed anyway.
Better late than never.

Lightweights are both out of action atm as the red one needs a different clamping mechanism for my oval railed saddles. Will get that soon and the other has started creaking so bad i can't bare to ride it.

MichaelK

by MichaelK

KCookie wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:16 am
Thats the thing I've been told im not getting a refund as i never sent the frame back even though the tracking number says it was.
I suppose as it wasn't signed for there's no proof. All he has to say was it was stolen.
Thats me $4k out of pocket.
A few calls will be made Monday morning to find out what is going on.
Was the parcel insured for the full value?

I'd remove the reference to the courier company until they've sorted this out. If it goes nowhere, then you can take legal action. If that also fails then name and shame on social media.

Good luck getting your money back and finding a suitable frame.

KCookie

by KCookie

No insurance.

Im assuming as the lady at PayPal typed her message late Friday that the parcel was delivered this never registered and an automated message was sent declining my case saying no refund will be given.

I called PayPal today to hear my case and that says a refund is in motion.

Very confusing.
Will call in the morning and actually speak to someone to find out what's going on.

I will get my C64.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

smellymcfatfats

by smellymcfatfats

Good luck KCookie, we're pulling for you!