S-Works Tarmac SL6

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

IanisCercariolo

by IanisCercariolo

Hi everyone,

Here is my first build, a quite classic one : S-Works Tarmac SL6 (rim brake version) with Ultegra R8000 and Light Bicycle AR46 wheels.

This is the individual parts list with price paid and weight as mesured (not totally confident in each individual weight, but the total weight of 6.7 kg is the same with a luggage scale) :
WW_SL6.png
Here are all the parts (except wheels) during unboxing :
SL6_Kit.jpg
As for the wheels I made a specific post here : viewtopic.php?f=113&t=152443&start=1590#p1581918

The build was pretty straightforward, and here is the final result :
20200705_212514.jpg
20200704_112550.jpg
I live between the Alps and the Jura, so my rides include lots of climbs and I am quite happy with the 6.7 kg of this build.
The next upgrade is going to be Dura-Ace Di2 when the next generation goes out, hopefully for rim brakes too !

The braking is quite good during descents, the stiffness is excellent during 1000+ W sprints, and I do feel a notable gain in aero compared to my older Canyon Ultimate with Ksyrium wheels (hard to quantify, I will maybe try to compare Strava data for the same long loops). The comfort is impressive too, thanks to the frameset and tubeless 25 mm tires.

As I did not want to sacrifice stiffness or aero, I did not chose purely WW parts (climbing wheels, superlight stems, etc.).
The 46 mm profile is not affected by crosswinds, and is just a few watts behind really deep wheels, so in my opinion this bike is a perfect blend of stiffness, lightness and aero for the kind of rides that I do.

I hope it can help some of you, feel free to ask if you have any question !

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Smart build! Id prob custom some of the graphics just to make it stand out a little more but that's just my preference.. Maybe the s of s works and a small wheel touch...

Sent from my MAR-LX1B using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

rlanger

by rlanger

Bike looks great.

Interestingly though, I have the same bar and size, but mine weighs only 218gr. Are you sure that 240 number is correct?

IanisCercariolo

by IanisCercariolo

rlanger wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:01 am
Bike looks great.

Interestingly though, I have the same bar and size, but mine weighs only 218gr. Are you sure that 240 number is correct?
Hi, thanks,

Yes you're probably right I'm not 100% confident with my kitchen scale !
Last edited by IanisCercariolo on Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IanisCercariolo

by IanisCercariolo

MrCurrieinahurry wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:05 pm
Smart build! Id prob custom some of the graphics just to make it stand out a little more but that's just my preference.. Maybe the s of s works and a small wheel touch...

Sent from my MAR-LX1B using Tapatalk
Thanks, indeed it is a very stealth build !

robertg

by robertg

S Works SL stem weighs 88gr at 120mm length?!?! And the Fizik Tempo bar tape weighs 20 grams? Was that a full wrap or only partial?

IanisCercariolo

by IanisCercariolo

My first weights list had lots of wrong weights (the scale had various results depending on where you put the part on it), so I did a second series of weighing :

WW_SL6.png

Sorry for the wrong first information, I'm still not 100% sure about those ones but it gives an idea

robertg

by robertg

No need to apologize! I was thinking I need to get myself that stem and tape.

dpries

by dpries

Hey Ianis, Just recently built up a very similar build but with a BMC Teammachine SLR01 frameset. Do you happen to have a photo from the front showing your cable routing with the aero bars?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com