Ridley Helium SLX -Team Lotto Soudal

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

PLEASEpleasePlease

by PLEASEpleasePlease

Starting a new project.

Ridley Helium SLX - Team lotto soudal 2019.
51cm frame

This is a two year project to get a Di2 Dura Ace bike as light as possible.
I'm below 63kg so I will be taking (almost) all liberties :)

Note: I'm also creating my own full carbon fiber shoes. Will update with photos after this project build.

Ridley Helium SLX frame + fork 51cm (plus f der cable, as it was stuck-ish)

Ridley Helium SLX frame only

Ridley Helium SLX fork

Shimano Dura Ace Di2 front derailleur

Shimano Dura Ace Di2 rear derailleur

Deda superleggera seatpost 27.2

Deda IN-4 headset + spacers

Deda magnet top cap

K-Edge chain stopper

Deda Superleggera stem 110

Deda Superleggera bars 40 CtC

Dura Ace Di2 9100 shifters
Last edited by PLEASEpleasePlease on Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Djakninn

by Djakninn

Watching with interest. I just bought a 51 SLX Frameset as well. Can i ask where you bought yours from?

Guevarca

by Guevarca

Great choice, I have an ex-team bike myself and it’s just a beautiful bike to ride. Enjoy the build process and you’ll enjoy the ride even more, I look forward to seeing progress...

PLEASEpleasePlease

by PLEASEpleasePlease

Guevarca wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:30 am
Great choice, I have an ex-team bike myself and it’s just a beautiful bike to ride. Enjoy the build process and you’ll enjoy the ride even more, I look forward to seeing progress...
Thanks! I have another Ridley bike and it handles really well.
I will be uploading the standard photos of my build, but I see this as being a serious weight weenie project over the next two years.

The areas i'm going to ignore weight will be bottom bracket (going for a Hambini BB, I've measured and I shouldn't have any integrations issues but you might see this frame on YouTube in 8 months lolol) and really good hubs like Phil White or Chris King.

I have my eyes on carbon chainrings, carbon bolts etc.. I'm also 1/3 done making my own carbon road shoes :) I will make a separate post about this build.

DaveChow

by DaveChow

I have the 2017 Helium SLX Lotto Team rim bike in size XS build with R9100 mechanical groupset, Corima 32 WS+ wheelset, Deda Superleggera cockpit, Selle Italia Kit Carbonio Flow saddle. It weighs at 6.6kg.

I can see that yours will be quite light. Wonder what wheelset you will be running on this beauty. Image

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

PLEASEpleasePlease

by PLEASEpleasePlease

DaveChow wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:03 am
I have the 2017 Helium SLX Lotto Team rim bike in size XS build with R9100 mechanical groupset, Corima 32 WS+ wheelset, Deda Superleggera cockpit, Selle Italia Kit Carbonio Flow saddle. It weighs at 6.6kg.

I can see that yours will be quite light. Wonder what wheelset you will be running on this beauty. Image

WooT! Thats a hot build. We should see some more photos :) Corimas are nice rims

I'm leaning on Enve wheels as an option. SES 2.2 with a low spoke count. I was thinking with Phil White hubs and carbon spokes (maybe Ti spokes) We shall see. Maybe with the Enve Carbon hubs. They have DT Swiss 240 eternals. I'm going to use the KMC X11-SL in gold. I'm going to try and wax the chain from a great tutorial I found on youtube.
Last edited by PLEASEpleasePlease on Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

DaveChow

by DaveChow

SLX is a really light weight frameset, to use Di2 is a very practical way for gear shifting, after that you have plenty of choices of wheelset and components to make it a truly weight weenie project. Happy hunting and enjoy the build process which in my view is the best part of owning a dream bike!

Pumablk

by Pumablk

Very much interested in your self made shoes. The bike build sounds great, too. Can't wait to see the final products.

IamnotWiggins

by IamnotWiggins

Need more pics of that Zombie Flesh Eaters soundtrack.

PLEASEpleasePlease

by PLEASEpleasePlease

IamnotWiggins wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:46 pm
Need more pics of that Zombie Flesh Eaters soundtrack.
Back of the record

Inside sleeve (I also have a book on the films of Lucio Fulci, so this was a nice bonus)

Gross green vinyl - I'm still looking for the limited edition version of this record.

The opening of the LP - Also one of the most "difficult" scenes in any Lucio Fulci film, yikes!
Last edited by PLEASEpleasePlease on Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

PLEASEpleasePlease

by PLEASEpleasePlease

Pumablk wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:34 am
Very much interested in your self made shoes. The bike build sounds great, too. Can't wait to see the final products.
The lateral side of my ugly foot. Don't judge!

The medial side of my stupid foot. I think this is the dumber of the two.

Here's a photo of dumb AND ugly together. The beginning of a beautiful project.

Will update as project moves along :) I might do a lace up shoe, I might do a boa shoe.

In my left foot I have shy 15 degreas of varus fore foot rotation, so I will acount for this when doing my carbon layer up around the cleat. It's slightly less on the right foot. Both my arches are medium height, but they collapse under load, so the stiff carbon will ofer maxium support.

I'm considering on doing a Twitch.tv live stream as I build the shoes. More photos to come.

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

@PLEASEpleasePlease thanks for putting Di2 components on the scale, these helped me a lot with upgrade to electronic! What wire lengths are on the scale? The junction weight kept me confused for a while since I thought there were no other junctions, but later figured out it was a B-junction and the A-junction was not weighed. And now custom shoes, subscribed 👍

PLEASEpleasePlease

by PLEASEpleasePlease

Klaster_1 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:46 am
@PLEASEpleasePlease thanks for putting Di2 components on the scale, these helped me a lot with upgrade to electronic! What wire lengths are on the scale? The junction weight kept me confused for a while since I thought there were no other junctions, but later figured out it was a B-junction and the A-junction was not weighed. And now custom shoes, subscribed 👍
Anytime mon friend! I have more items to put on the scale, but i've been to busy to do the work and upload the photos. I have the Jagwire joint alloy housing for the brakes, the wi-fly for bluetooth connection (i'm going to connect that on the cabling inside the Deda Superleggera handlebars), the bar end charging port, etc..

Currently I'm in the market for brakes (Ciamillo maybe? I've heard he had a few rough years, but he's back on track and I love an underdog), Dura Ace (a bit "on the nose" at this point) Cane Creek ee brakes. I might stick with Dura Ace cranks (in my opinion, nothing ramps beter then Shimano Dura Ace). I definitely would like Enve wheels with either Chris King or Phil Woods hubs. I could use some person suggestions.

Pumablk

by Pumablk

Thank you for the info re: your feet. As a member of the ugly/stupid feet club, I feel your pain. I have flat narrow feet, myself. Finding anything close to comfortable has been hard. If you do a twitch stream of your shoe build, I would absolutely watch. I just politely ask for a heads up beforehand.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com