Ridley Helium SLX -Team Lotto Soudal

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

IamnotWiggins

by IamnotWiggins

Excellent pics of the record! This is WW so you must reveal the weight of the vinyl.

PLEASEpleasePlease

by PLEASEpleasePlease

Finally built and went for a great ride this weekend. Still need to get the complete weight and spec sheet.

... I really should get negronis to go next time. Ask for a negroni to be put into my bidon.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lukus

by Lukus

Hi, love the build. I've just got hold of a slx rim break and plan on a dura ace crankset. I'm interested in what bottom bracket option you took. I'm leaning towards c-bear.

Thxs

PLEASEpleasePlease

by PLEASEpleasePlease

Lukus wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:23 pm
Hi, love the build. I've just got hold of a slx rim break and plan on a dura ace crankset. I'm interested in what bottom bracket option you took. I'm leaning towards c-bear.

Thxs
Thanks my man. I really want to update the weight for this bike. I'm using the Hambini PF30 bb. I wanted no issues with BB creaking or anything else. I actually measured both sides of the BB shell before installing and I have to say I was impressed with the numbers. I was expecting it to be off by a bit and I would need to whiffle the shell. Not the case at all.

Slightly off but totally within tolerance. This is my second Ridley bike, and for my experience I have nothing but positive things to say. Honestly I would like to change it up for my next bike, but I'm happy overall with my purchase of this Ridley Helium SLX.

I would recommend Hambini BB. Worth the extra cost. He gets back to all questions with 24hrs. Installing is pretty much straight forward. You should use a retaining compound, but mine went in with almost no issues.If I had to give Hambini BB's one critique, it would be that his firm plastic BB install guide should come padded with firm foam around the section where it butts against the shell. Pressing put a slight blemish into my paint.