Supersix Evo3 HM Agave Build (+Intro!)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Jackofallgrades

by Jackofallgrades

It's been a busy couple of weeks. As well as starting the process of swapping over to the Force groupset, the Farsports Feders I ordered in December finally arrived.

They're the wider rim at 21mm ID and 28 external, 35mm deep and using the R230 hubs. Opted for no spoke holes as well. Claimed weight was 1160g, and they come in at 1168g.

This bike may not be WW at it's best, even far from it, but these wheels have me super impressed. Half the price of options 2-300g heavier is quite something! They'll be a nice complement to the Zipps for windier days, and truthfully group rides where I don't want to bring out all the kit :)
Cannondale SSEvo3 'Atticus' - 7.2kg
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=161634

Cannondale Systemsix ’Dante’ - 7.7kg
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=167144

Jackofallgrades

by Jackofallgrades

After some delays with hub spacing proving to be a bit of a nightmare, the Feders are finally on. With a Red cassette on the total saving from the 404s is half a kilo :shock:

Minus the paraphernalia (saddle bag and light), she now sits at 7.2kg. Corsas aren't the lightest option for sure, and I could save another 100g with the inner tubes, but until the UK roads are free of flint and rubbish this is how we roll.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lenfaki

by Lenfaki

Great looking bike, really like your Zipp cockpit! For what it's worth, I'm also running P-Zero Velo's with Vredestein Latex Superlite for 5000km now without flats, rides fantastic and I'm impressed with their puncture resistance. Would save you at least 150gr compared to your current setup (although I'm sure there are even lighter options available).

Jackofallgrades

by Jackofallgrades

Thanks! I agree they are great for their weight. First ride on Corsas today and got two punctures :roll: Keen to try the new versions if I get tired of the Corsas cutting on all the gravel and debris we get around here (or whisper it, try tubeless)...

card0s

by card0s

Love this colour!
And the wheels go very nice with the bike.

card0s

by card0s

Hi again,
I am waiting for my Supersix warranty replacement frame. I have already ordered the parts to switch the groupset to SRAM AXS (Rival/Red) and am in contact with Farsports to get a wheelset (gravel rims with R230 hubs) and bar/stem combo from them.
Seeing you have the same frame, Sram groupset, and hubs, what do you think of these hubs? What were the spacing issues you had with the wheels? Should I be worried?
Thanks in advance!

Jackofallgrades

by Jackofallgrades

I don't think it's anything to worry about, mainly because it's an easy fix, particularly as Farsports have recently done it for me!

The issue was that my frame is 2019, and as such not fixed for the tight clearance of seatstay/dropout to chain when on the lowest cog. This is known to be an issue for Sram AXS. They fixed it for me with spacers that you pop under the endcap. It works perfectly for me.

As for the hubs, they've only done a couple hundred kms, but I've had no issues, they are certainly on the loud end of the scale. Wheels certainly are light, and have handled everything from potholed descents to chain gangs and group sprints perfectly adequately!

card0s

by card0s

That is good to know! Thanks for the input.
I was going to go with 45mm Feders, but in the end, I found their gravel rims, in 50mm they are wider (which I prefer) and not that much heavier.
In combination with the R230 hubs, they should still be lighter than the 35mm Hollowgrams that came with the bike and I think they will make a good overall usage combo.

Jackofallgrades

by Jackofallgrades

No problem, and yes that sounds good. I have to say, if there's been an option to have 21 ID with 30+ external I'd have gone for that, as the British roads really demand a wider tyre.

wtneo

by wtneo

Jackofallgrades wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 2:05 pm
I don't think it's anything to worry about, mainly because it's an easy fix, particularly as Farsports have recently done it for me!

The issue was that my frame is 2019, and as such not fixed for the tight clearance of seatstay/dropout to chain when on the lowest cog. This is known to be an issue for Sram AXS. They fixed it for me with spacers that you pop under the endcap. It works perfectly for me.

As for the hubs, they've only done a couple hundred kms, but I've had no issues, they are certainly on the loud end of the scale. Wheels certainly are light, and have handled everything from potholed descents to chain gangs and group sprints perfectly adequately!
I'm having the same issues but hope it will be an easy fix, already sent them a email waiting for a reply. How long did it take for them to send you the spacers? ...or was it an off-the-shelf part?

Jackofallgrades

by Jackofallgrades

It was less than a week to reply, but then about a month to actually get the spacers. Not sure if that's because this was their first time dealing with the issue.

wtneo

by wtneo

thanks for the info - crossing fingers!

andygravett

by andygravett

I must start by saying I'm a complete WW noob, but great build and love that colour! I have the SuperSix Evo 3 Ultegra 2020 HM team replica and just started with some zip SL70 aero bars 44cm (kept the standard Cannondale 2 stem), Swalbe One tyres 25c (tan wall) on the hollowgram 35 rims and an ISM 4.0 road saddle, I'm less of a builder more of a long day out comfort freak who does not mind some cables :-) , but can say the Zip aero bars are awesomely light compared to the standard save ones and look sweet the bike climbs way better than my old de rosa idol disc and feels very light, I've not tried to weigh it properly but tried standing on the scales with it then subtracting my weight and got 6.4kg

Jackofallgrades

by Jackofallgrades

That sounds great, the weightweenie-ing is a hobby rather than any kind of actual benefit, comfort is far more sensible! And yes definitely prefer the Zipp bars to the standard ones, just a shame you lose some of the clean integration. I'd dare say yours probably isn't 6.4 (unless you've got some ultralight parts you haven't mentioned), you can try it on kitchen scales if you separate the frame and wheels.