Factor 02 - Again

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

ericlambi

by ericlambi

Here's my recently built Factor O2. Sorry, my photogrophy skills are non existant. The bike weighs 6.66kg ( :evil: ) ride ready as photographed!

49cm Factor O2
Darimo Seatpost + Bontrager XXX Saddle
Enve SES Handlebar + Aero Stem
Quarq DZero w/ Praxxis
Ceramic Speed OSPW
Roval CLX 32 w/ GP5000 28 setup tubeless, extralite skewers
EEBrakes
Dura Ace everything else

Have not ridden it yet, I'll say I made a strategic error with the bars. I had those Enve handlebars sitting around and thought I'd save a few dollars skipping the Black Inc bar that typically comes with these bikes. I mindlessly ordered the matching Enve stem, which is actually pretty heavy, so I'm giving up ~100+g on these bars relative to a more weight weenie approved combination. To make matters worse, the bulk of the stem is not consistent with the slimmer look of the fork and small size of the bike. After I make sure that's the length of stem I want I think I'll replace it, possibly just breaking down and buying the black bar (which will cost more now that it would be separate from the bike purchase, ha). Similarly, I had that OSPW system sitting around, but I'm not keen on the aesthetics, so it might go. So now that I've complained about the bike for a paragraph, I'll say it looks great and I can't wait to ride it!
Attachments
factor_weight.jpg
factor.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

The enve bar looks fine to me. Use the money to cut weight where it matters like tires or wheels. I would keep the ospw if it shifts good. Otherwise I agree ospw do not look nice on any bike really

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

ericlambi wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 2:25 am
Here's my recently built Factor O2. Sorry, my photogrophy skills are non existant. The bike weighs 6.66kg ( :evil: ) ride ready as photographed!

49cm Factor O2
Darimo Seatpost + Bontrager XXX Saddle
Enve SES Handlebar + Aero Stem
Quarq DZero w/ Praxxis
Ceramic Speed OSPW
Roval CLX 32 w/ GP5000 28 setup tubeless, extralite skewers
EEBrakes
Dura Ace everything else

Have not ridden it yet, I'll say I made a strategic error with the bars. I had those Enve handlebars sitting around and thought I'd save a few dollars skipping the Black Inc bar that typically comes with these bikes. I mindlessly ordered the matching Enve stem, which is actually pretty heavy, so I'm giving up ~100+g on these bars relative to a more weight weenie approved combination. To make matters worse, the bulk of the stem is not consistent with the slimmer look of the fork and small size of the bike. After I make sure that's the length of stem I want I think I'll replace it, possibly just breaking down and buying the black bar (which will cost more now that it would be separate from the bike purchase, ha). Similarly, I had that OSPW system sitting around, but I'm not keen on the aesthetics, so it might go. So now that I've complained about the bike for a paragraph, I'll say it looks great and I can't wait to ride it!
I love the Enve SES aero cockpit and have it installed on three of my bikes. But I agree with you on the stem. On petite climbing bikes like your Factor 02, the stem just looks too bulky. That's why on my TCR SL I have the Enve aero bar matched with the petite and super light Extralite stem. Not only it looks better on the bike, it weights over 100 grams less than the Enve.
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

ericlambi

by ericlambi

Noctiluxx wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:30 pm
That's why on my TCR SL I have the Enve aero bar matched with the petite and super light Extralite stem. Not only it looks better on the bike, it weights over 100 grams less than the Enve.
Yeah, I think swapping to the Extralite stem is probably the way to go rather than buying the Black bar. Cheaper, easier, comparably light. I'll be back with a new photo and new weight in a couple weeks!

easyv

by easyv

You could consider selling the Enve aero bar and aero stem and putting it towards the Black Inc Barstem (https://blackinc.cc/product/black-inc-i ... d-barstem/). Would give you the clean, matching look that Factor intended, though perhaps not the most cost-conscious option...

ericlambi

by ericlambi

Ordered the Extralite Hyperstem. Meanwhile, I put 9hrs in over a couple days on Thu and Fri. I can't call that saddle comfortable, but it wasn't a problem. Set some good times on my favorite climbs, bike is fast! Still trying to think where I can get the last 200g to go sub 14lb. I know the answers, but none of them are appealing for now.
Attachments
7728E847-1EFD-4698-9C68-1A810EAFD2F9.jpeg
B7F7ACA9-6B94-44FA-8DA5-517236EE1EC1.jpeg

matrix

by matrix

Does anyone know what size diameter seatpost the factor 02 accepts? Curious if I should go this route or just stick with their stock frame builds.

kode54

by kode54

27.2mm
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

kode54

by kode54

@ericlambi

Your Factor looks great! If you bought your frameset from Factor direct, I would reach out to them and ask if you can still purchase the Black Inc bars. Just say that you weren’t sure if the exact stem length/bar ratio or something. The Factor sales team is pretty nice and accommodating. You never know and it doesn’t hurt to ask.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Nice bike. The one big issue IMO is the spacers. Factor has spacers that will improve the look of the front end significantly. Here's mine. And that is not a Black Inc bar either - it's Bontrager XXX.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

Knightyboy27

by Knightyboy27

Mr.Gib wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:34 am
Nice bike. The one big issue IMO is the spacers. Factor has spacers that will improve the look of the front end significantly. Here's mine. And that is not a Black Inc bar either - it's Bontrager XXX.
That's for the new O2, don't think it will work for the older version.

kode54

by kode54

Works with all O2 and O2 VAM.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

JayOJonson

by JayOJonson

Looks great. Wish they did it in a 61

by Weenie