My Masi 3vc

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

tomsneo

by tomsneo

Been awhile since I posted on here, made alot of changes to my Masi and still am. So far I've added a enve cockpit, 38mm clinchers, continental gp5000's in cream, Fizik Antares Versus Evo saddle, gold kmc chain, changed my cable housing to black. Theres more parts on the way still debating on which groupset to go with and a new Wheelset and paintjob.

Masi 3VC SL
S-Works SL7
Supersix Evo HM Black INC

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tomsneo

by tomsneo

Masi 3VC SL
S-Works SL7

tarmackev

by tarmackev

Yes! finally better shaped bars and a post without crazy layback. The bike must feel much comfier now? Looks great with the new setup.

tarmackev

by tarmackev

Not sure if you have any physical limitations, you could parhaps start to lose a spacer or two beneath the stem and see how you get on.
I've just read this thread from start to finish. Its great to follow along. Make sure you continue and get your new bike on here.
Love from England.

tomsneo

by tomsneo

tarmackev wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:30 am
Yes! finally better shaped bars and a post without crazy layback. The bike must feel much comfier now? Looks great with the new setup.
I finally got fitted on this bike, it definitely taught me everything I know about cycling. I have severe back problems but I'm in the process of taking off a few spacers to see how it feels. The bike now is much more comfortable, I keep adding parts because I absolutely love this bike! My SL7 is more comfortable and fast but the Masi feels more personal. Thank you for the kind words btw.
Masi 3VC SL
S-Works SL7

tomsneo

by tomsneo

Bike has been stripped for paint new groupset is here just waiting on my shifters chris king headset and ee brakes. I'm hoping to have the bike built within 2 weeks.

Also picked up my 2023 project Supersix evo hi mod black inc
Masi 3VC SL
S-Works SL7

robbenfred50

by robbenfred50

Nice

tomsneo

by tomsneo

Heres a few pictures of the paint job and the bike put together, I'll have better pictures of the bike shortly.

Paint, For the new color I wanted something that looked clean I didn't want the bike to look new just cleaner. So I went with BMW M3 Cosmos black metallic, I saw it on my friends M3 years ago and fell in love with the color it looks Black in the shade but grey in the sun.
6.849 kg without pedals

More pics soon cheers!
Masi 3VC SL
S-Works SL7

FartofDarkness

by FartofDarkness

This is a quality thread, cheers. The new paint job on the masi is really nice, esp with the deep carbon rims and tan walls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomsneo

by tomsneo

It's extremely cold and windy here in the northeast, We should be expecting good weather this week so I can finally get a ride in! Im very pleased with how the bike came out!
Last edited by tomsneo on Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Masi 3VC SL
S-Works SL7

tomsneo

by tomsneo

FartofDarkness wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:11 pm
This is a quality thread, cheers. The new paint job on the masi is really nice, esp with the deep carbon rims and tan walls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you!
Masi 3VC SL
S-Works SL7

tomsneo

by tomsneo

Picked up these Alptitude Superleggra bottle cages

Just waiting on my new wheelset to arrive unfortunately I wont be doing any outdoor riding since it's winter here in the states. I will be using this bike for indoor training in the meantime.
Masi 3VC SL
S-Works SL7

tomsneo

by tomsneo

My new wheelset finally came in, I chose a set of winspace hyper R33's with ceramic bearings. I was originally looking for a mint used set (discontinued) of enve 3.4's but I couldn't find a clean pair so I chose the hypers due to all the great reviews and the price was perfect for a set of carbon wheels.
Heres a pic for now since it's raining out here in the east coast hopefully a nice ride out for tomorrow! Happy New Year's everyone cheers!!!
Masi 3VC SL
S-Works SL7

Nixster

by Nixster

Read the evolution of this bike from the beginning, great story and a fantastic end result.
Lots of life in older frames as you have admirably shown, great job!

Looking forward to seeing the Supersix build 😀

tomsneo

by tomsneo

Nixster wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:52 pm
Read the evolution of this bike from the beginning, great story and a fantastic end result.
Lots of life in older frames as you have admirably shown, great job!

Looking forward to seeing the Supersix build 😀
Thank you very much! I'm excited for the evo also going to take my time on it Im hoping to start it in spring.
Masi 3VC SL
S-Works SL7

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com