Pete's 2016 SuperSix Evo HM!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

pcort

by pcort

Finally pulled the trigger on a quarantine project + competition hill climb bike. Enter Joe!

Took shipment today and assembled to grab a quick before picture and a weigh in. For a 60cm with some heavy wheels 6.8kg seems pretty good to me.

Time for a tear down and weigh in! Tore down pretty much all of it. Didn't get an isolated weight on the frame (bottom bracket and spindle still in there) cause removing that sounds like a PITA. Might take it out this weekend, but we'll see!

Gonna work on updating the 'upgrade' side of the list and get going on some upgrades. Looking forward to working on this project!
2018 Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8.0 XL : 8kg
2016 Cannondale SuperSix Evo HM 58 : 5.8kg 2x / 5.3kg 1x

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Loads of potential for weight loss here!! It's a great bike, you'll love it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pcort

by pcort

Parts are starting to roll in!

First up are wheels, picked up a pair of Enve Classic 25 tubs (dt swiss 180's) mounted with conti competitions. Not going to replace the tires so can't give an actual weight of the component parts. But the total for the wheel set is 1670g, 770g front, 890g rear. Really happy with that savings, I can probably shave another 100 grams on the tires, but I'm happy enough to not have to deal with gluing on new tires at the moment, and tread life is really good on these, so I'll run them for now.

Dropped 586g from the Ksyrium's and haven't changed the skewer yet which is 160g for the pair!

All important freehub noise test: https://i.imgur.com/sm7wc58.mp4

Got new bars, tape, and cables going on next week, bars come in Wednesday and will post an update then! Still need to make some drive train decisions as well as figure out about a power meter setup, which will go in hand with drive train.

sendit100

by sendit100

Nice bike, some great potential there.
Do you have an estimate of how light you want to get it?

pcort

by pcort

Given it's a 60cm, I'd be happy with a sub 5.5kg.

Being setup with dura-ace and the hollogram setup is a pretty nice starting point. The big decision is going to be what I want to do for a drive train, do i want to go full sram red, just replace the rear cassette, or go di2/etap. Also want to get a power meter and am thinking about what gear ratio's I need for my races, and think I want a 34 / 32 gear, as opposed to the 36 / 32 I'd have now and I've been having a hard time finding that for the hollogram.

Doing lots and lots of researching and trying to figure out where to buy all this stuff. Bit of a tough learning curve when I've only been in the sport 3 years!

pcort

by pcort

Early delivery from my German friends! Schmolke TLO Road Compact 0, 44cm!

pcort

by pcort

Got the bars in and realized the stem was setup for a 32mm bar and the TLO's are a 26mm. DOH! No worries, picked up a Syntace F99 and all is well in the world. Cabled 'em up, holy crap the gear cable routing is atrocious, which took a lot longer than I thought it would, but c'est la vie.

Bike's back together for now, going to dail everything in, fit, shifting, braking etc... and then continue on! Bonus picture of my cat supervising the cabling and being very skeptical that I know what I'm doing.

Total weight of the bike now sans pedals, is 6kg flat! Pretty happy to be down 800g with stem, bars, and wheel set, and refreshing cables and bar tape. Also added on some weight by going from an 11-28 to 11-32 (ultegra) in the rear while I wait on a sram red at a decent price. Never fear the steerer tube is not long for this world!

Stem!

PYC Chain

Complete bar tape and ends setup

Scraps!

vincenz

by vincenz

That looks fun. I had the blue colorway in a much smaller size with stock Ultegra and was flirting with the UCI limit. It’s such a great frame to go ww with.

pcort

by pcort

Yea I'm pretty excited about it! Fun to build up a bike from scratch. My canyon is pretty setup and being mostly integrated pieces with ultegra + nice wheels there isn't much to be done that isn't getting those final marginal gains. Weight weenie gains, especially for the events I'm using it for, are going to be much more noticable and tangible, and cheaper!

Latest upgrade, got my hands on a Bontrager XXX Carbon saddle to get rid of that ugly (yet growing on me) yellow fizik test saddle.

Bonus shot of my canyon back in road configuration after everesting last weekend! It's a wee bit heavy with deep rims and aero bits (doubly so when there's an 11-36 on the back) but I love it to bits!

Keeping an eye out for a reasonably priced sram red etap setup, and gonna do my research on pedals. Also need to get some new skewers, seat post clamp, wahoo mount (need that small diameter fit!) and potentially a seat post. Saving 60g on a darimo is pretty enticing...

pcort

by pcort

Made the most of my time in quarantine and being very bored. After much hemming and hawing I decided to downsize on the frame to save some weight and give myself a project sanding the paint. I was between a 58 and 60 and the 60 felt a bit goofy so pulled the trigger. Also found a fair priced sram red setup so snagged that.
27506BBD-15CF-4863-A3C0-05D27442DA75.jpeg
Spreadsheet of where stuff mostly sits now. Don't have the derailleurs weighed in there, and have a darimo seat post in there that's not in hand but will be soon! So the weight is a bit under reporting. Actual weight is just under 5.9 with computer and no bottle cage cause any race under an hour you don't need water! Not too shabby considering it's a 58cm frame. All marginal gains from here.
DD8788A8-0874-4F08-B814-37F6C25BD1C2.jpeg

Lucendi

by Lucendi

Nice frame and an excellent way to start a build!

It looks very nice in the nude carbon as well. :)

pcort

by pcort

Darimo seatpost and AbsoluteBlack front ring to finish off for the 2021 hill climb season. Final weigh in is 5.35kg!

Updated component and weight list:

Things to look at for next season, off season flexibility so I can flip the stem :lol:

pcort

by pcort

Got some new shoes and looking forward to a full season of hillclimb after a year off from the grind. Race weight is 4.8kg

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Surely slam, remove front mech hanger, Lucendi bar ends, tesa tape.. have shift internals been removed on the lever for front mech? Alptitude bottle cage (although sure u remove anyway for HCs)

Just thinking out loud

Basso Diamante eps 12

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com