My Pivot Mach 4 SL build

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

scant

by scant

looks good! it'll be a good weight with the inner tubes removed. hell any FS MTB sub 10kg is :)
more pictures please!

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Looks great makes me want an xc fully

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rapsac

by rapsac

Almost done. Have to put on different tires and make them tubeless. Also have to cut the steerer a bit more. This will impact the weight a bit, but nothing wild. Currently at 9960g.

rapsac

by rapsac

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Thats super clean. I would take the stickers off the fork but otherwise perfect.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DanW

by DanW

That is a quality looking build and great job on the weight :thumbup: As others have said, any full sus under 10kg with the parts to be ridden properly is a great job in my book too.

If you do update the brakes then that would really top it all off nicely (massive understatement!). Different tyres, matchmakers for the new brakes and subduing the fork and shock graphics would be my icing on the cake but lets be honest that is being massivley picky :D

I look forward to hearing about how it rides and what you think about the various parts

rapsac

by rapsac

First trip and some sightseeing of the nearby piramid. Riding the (short) trail with the new bike made me happy. Very manoeuvrable but stable in the (albeit very short) downs.
Found some stuff to optimize:
Don’t like the Tune bottle holder, will replace it.
AXS and dropper controls will move a bit closer and will be rotated as well. Some suspension tuning (rebound and pressure) to do, but nothing wild.
And yes, the fork steerer definitely needs some shortening urgently.

Last edited by rapsac on Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rapsac

by rapsac

DanW wrote:That is a quality looking build and great job on the weight :thumbup: As others have said, any full sus under 10kg with the parts to be ridden properly is a great job in my book too.

If you do update the brakes then that would really top it all off nicely (massive understatement!). Different tyres, matchmakers for the new brakes and subduing the fork and shock graphics would be my icing on the cake but lets be honest that is being massivley picky :D

I look forward to hearing about how it rides and what you think about the various parts
Thanks! Will update after some more rides and then also upload the final build list + picture.

rapsac

by rapsac

An UD topcap would be better, but this fits best with the Lazybone Garmin mount.

The tune bottle holder was too flexible, back to the trusted Mandible.

Finished (for now)

With +/-70ml of Stan’s per tire:

Build list with weights

rapsac

by rapsac

Forgot: Steerer cut to correct length.

jroy

by jroy

That is a good looking bike!

rapsac

by rapsac

Damper has been rebuild as a 3-position manual shock by Perima cycles. Here shown before re-stickering.

And a new seatpost. After trying some really lightweight ones the Newmen is the one that stays. Alas it is a bit heavier, but very nicely finished and color matching ;-)

Other ones tried but sent back:
MCFK: (152g) bought twice, both had badly drilled bolt holes at the clamp, leading to bending in the clamp bolts. Really disappointing for the money.
Darimo (92g):very nice and super light, but I need a couple of mm’s of setback so not for me
Bike-Ahead (150g): Unexpected badly finished for the cost, see somewhere in this thread for a picture.

In between I managed to damage the toptube and have had the front triangle replaced under a crash policy...

rapsac

by rapsac

Changed the stickers on the fork and the shock is now upright. 9,7 kg as pictured.

rapsac

by rapsac

Some minor updates:
Arundel Mandible DTR for easier access to the bottle... 24g

Xpedo CXR Pro pedals 242g/pair (to see if these are just a bit easier clipping in than the Xpedo M-Force 8ti, at a 23g overall penalty). These also turn on three cartridge bearings and run very smooth.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Interested in the pedal difference between force and cxr keep us updated, I would love to see a comparison

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk