My Pivot Mach 4 SL build

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

rapsac

by rapsac

Front is Racesport, rear is Protection. Currently the rear is a Kenda Booster 2.2 TR.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rapsac

by rapsac

DanW wrote:Looking great! I hope my comment about Xpedo not being supportive didn't get in your head! But I do genuinely believe that the Look are way more supportive.

You have to be getting close to a settled build after all those $$$ :D
Forgot to react on the pedals, sorry. The Xpedo M-force were lacking in clipping in and not very supportive, but I was ‘used’ to the small platform. The CXR ones were better at clipping in but had a less secure hold. So away they went, followed up your advice and installed the heavier Look’s. What can I say, I like them a lot and the support really is very nice. Also when temporarily not being clipped-in it is less sketchy due to the larger area. Clipping in is very good too. So, thanks for the tip, appreciated!

stoney

by stoney

rapsac wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:46 am
Front is Racesport, rear is Protection. Currently the rear is a Kenda Booster 2.2 TR.
Do you like the Kenda Booster better than the Race King?

rapsac

by rapsac

Grip of Booster is better, on tarmac the Raceking has (noticeably so) less rolling resistance.

DanW

by DanW

No worries! I haven't helped on the Weenie side but noticeably better performing as you say. When I get a bit more time I am going to have to have a proper look through your build and sort out my porker :D

rapsac

by rapsac

Extralite Hyperstem 70mm. Since the Piccola’s take a rather long time to arrive, the bike asks for some more attention.

rapsac

by rapsac

rapsac

by rapsac

Hopp tuning of my AXS shifter, saving 11g

Piccola Carbon coming in.... tomorrow.

rapsac

by rapsac

Piccola Carbon with C22 calipers, delivered today, bought in July 2020 at r2-bike.
Weight complete set, uncut, incl alu backed pads, excl caliper bolts: 144,8+161,8+11,1+19,4+3,6=340,7g
The supplied caliper bolts are a bit heavy (19,4g), 4 Extralite titanium caliper bolts weigh approx 9g.
Brake line length front/rear, excl fittings: 89/168cm, thus 100cm filled brake line weighs approx 21,5g.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Definitely my dream brakes!

AnkitS

by AnkitS

+1

cajer

by cajer

Can you link the 3D printed garmin mount you're using?

rapsac

by rapsac

It is called Lazybone, I found it on Shapeways:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/TLC4F ... armin-edge

For functionality (staying in place when mounting/unmounting your Garmin and when pre-loading the headset) the k-edge is better though, but the weight of the Lazybone can’t be beat.

rapsac

by rapsac

A small Hopp update for the Piccola’s, saving another 9,8 grams. Looks better too (all black). Also has the advantage that with a shifter/dropper lever attached you can still adjust the brake lever position (bolt head on top instead of behind matchmaker).

rapsac

by rapsac

Also installed an RWC needle bearing kit on the top eyelet of the DPS. Better small bump sensitivity. Not in same league as the temporary McLeod I used (heavier than DPS), but noticeably better than with the original bushing kit from Fox installed, which was a very tight fit on this shock. Weight penalty is 11 grams.
Last edited by rapsac on Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com