by DanW

Respec'

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DOUG

by DOUG

Love this build, well done getting it sub 10kg @rapsac. Looks to me like a very well considered buidl list with a dropper and proper tyres to boot. I'd happily race it without worrying about damaging anything. What do you think of the Piccola's? Have considered them as a bit of a bling upgrde on my XC race bike over the SRAM Level Ultimates Im currently running.

rapsac

by rapsac

Thanks. I like the piccola’s a lot. Very well finished, no play at the the lever, very powerful and very good modulation (near Hope level). And hose shortening is easy too. The bleed process is slightly more complicated due to the tiny pump, but nothing too difficult if you follow the manual.

rapsac

by rapsac

Some small updates, mostly for local use:

SID SL ultimate 100mm, unshortened (for the approx 110g lighter and all black look vs the SC32)

Extralite Blacklock for SID SL (11g lighter than Maxle)

Extralite Ultrastar 4

Carbon-Ti adapters for easy wheel installation on the SID

XTR Meti pedals

Extralite Ultrapulleys (12g lighter than original XX1 AXS pulleys)

Combined with the Bike Ahead seatpost the M4SL should be around 9,65kg.
Vacation mode (with dropper and some heavier tires) would be around 10kg

Attermann

by Attermann

why didn't you buy the original end caps that fits the Sid fork?

rapsac

by rapsac

As far as I know, no other version exists. Those shown above are original caps from Carbon-Ti. They do have a conversion kit with a different axle for the RS predictive steering standard. This may fit both my front hub and the fork, but even if so, it requires re-dishing the wheel - which I have no interest in since I prefer easy exchange of wheels between bikes.

Attermann

by Attermann

I don't know why, but in my head I thought you had dt Swiss hubs, sorry for the mix up.

rapsac

by rapsac

No probs, thanks for looking and the suggestion - even if not applicable for my hubs in this case.

rapsac

by rapsac

Latest update with Yep Podio and Sigeyi power meter, stable now. Picture with Extralite MDN grips (fell for them once again…) but quickly replaced with trusty Esi Racers edge.

Gewicht Pivot Mach 4 SL rev1.jpg

DanW

by DanW

I missed these updates. The bike is really coming along well!

How do you like the new dropper and powermeter? I have ordered the same PM for a new build and am hoping it is as fit and forget as my P2M (but nearly 50g lighter :) )

rapsac

by rapsac

Thanks. Laced up some Extralite hubs, Duke UL30 rims with Berd spokes last month, feels more finished now ;-)
Like the Sigeyi, rechargeable battery runs for ages and communicates well with my Garmin. The Podio is very nice. Will update with parts list and scale shot once the Podio is reinstalled after recent vacation (used my Vecnum post in the Alps).

DanW

by DanW

I really like the parts you have ended up with on this bike. Really great balance.

How have the Extralite axles been? Are they just the same as any other axle or do you notice wear or anything else high maintenance or annoying?

What did you do to drop the g's from the AXS mech?

Did you like the Carbon Ti hubs or were they annoying/ high maintenance?

I chickened out of the Chinese PM in the end after reading about needing to set custom offsets to get them in line with other bigger brands. No issue if it is your only PM but I went with a Quarq on the new build to hopefully be closish on the readings and not have to mess around too much.

rapsac

by rapsac

Thanks. All the Extralite parts have been unremarkable in a good way (apart from finish and weight, both very good). Only thing worth mentioning about the black lock axles is that the hex interface is on the threaded side, meaning that it appears as reverse thread when looked at from that end (when using a torque wrench it should do left thread too).
The AXS derailleur has been lightened by using Extralite pulleys. About the Carbon-Ti hubs I have no complaints. Easy maintenance, very nice bearings and very light. Picked Extralite hubs for my new wheelbuild because they do not have to be grinded when using Berd spokes, otherwise would have rebuild with the Carbon-Ti hubs.

Here it is as used on last vacation (with Vecnum instead of Yep dropper):

The latest incarnation with the new wheelset and Yep Podio again installed: