SCOTT Addict RC ULTIMATE Team ED AUTOassembled (at the time of the coronavirus)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

REDUTOPIA

by REDUTOPIA

Hello guys

finally I can also post this my new bike in this section.

A bike with a story that, in comparison, the Odyssey, is a little story.

I ordered the frame in October 2019 but only the second week of March 2020 arrived to me, more often the delivery data, initially given for February and then also, at some time, postponed in April. Instead, in the end, 9 March 2020 was the right date for the delivery.

When I ordered it in October 2019, I never thought that I would not be able to mount this in my workshop and to have to receive it shipped to home due to a pandemic that is devastating the world

After the delivery, at first, considering the impossibility to do outdoor sports, I thought of resisting and mounting it once everything was finished.

But for the temptation I decided to start assembling it by myself!

Unpacking the box
I was particularly surprised at how carefully it was packaged. Cannot be scratched or damaged in transit.
They block it in the box from the bottom bracket and put a support that holds it from the head tube. All the small parts are wrapped in the packaging so that they cannot move.

The finishes are excellent.
And the painting is fantastic. Blue has an intensity that comes to life with light, while I do not know describe gray. It is not a normal gray but a kind of chromate / satin / metallized that goes towards the chromovelate even if it is not.

This are the actual weights:

Frame S/52 856g

Fork 385g

Seat post 142g

Front thru axle 27g

Rear tru axle 30g

Key for remove the axles 24g

In the months from October to March, I thought of everything I could have needed. And so, I found, group, various adapters, greases, paste for the seatpost and everything else ..

But something is always missing.

For example, the first obstacle was given by the screws used to fix the brake calipers.

Those inside the groups et are short and don't even come out of the frame.

But the lockdown had already started, so all the shops closed in my city, so I can't buy the screws.

In the end, thanks to a suggestion, I bought them in a German online shop that sells screws and washers of all sizes and materials at fair prices.

It is the website www.tuning-pedals.de

This site deserves a mention because it has proved extremely helpful and humane. He sent me the screws as fast as he could and in two days I had them at home !!

Here they are! They arrived on April 7th !! This is the date when I started assembling this dream bike

REDUTOPIA

by REDUTOPIA

I bought two black and two silver, because the two that go to the rear go on the color of the gray frame, while the two black go to screw in the fork on a black surface. All four are made of titanium.

So with these 4 screws my adventure begins.

An assembly that ended on March 18th!

It lasted more than a month but I often stood still, waiting for the courier to deliver some tools or some parts that during the assembly I found that I was missing.

I start to pass the cables, putting Sram Etap AXS 12v, I only have the hydraulic brake cables.

In the frame kit I also found 4 (in case you decide to mount the mechanical group) "cable covers". Practically the cables must be inserted inside them, in my case I only needed one for the rear brake wire, to prevent the noise that the bare cables would have caused banging inside the frame.

Once the wires had passed I started to arrange the levers on the integrated handlebar with extreme dedication to precision

As a workshop I had to equip the living room in my house

Obviously I have always kept every part of the frame covered to avoid scratching it involuntarily.

By consulting producer manuals, tutorials on the Internet, guides and also often my own shopkeeper, I managed to assemble everything in a workmanlike manner.

To insert the handlebar I also deepened the mechanism of the spacers.

Scott always uses a two-part spacers

But the opening part is only the one that includes the passage of the cables. In case of intervention on the spacers, however, everything must be removed; but once the fork is cut it is a very simple thing to slide it all off.

Furthermore, according to the manual it is necessary to mount at least 5mm in spacers and not more than 4cm.

Another thing to note is that the first spacer, the one that goes in contact with the headset bearing, does not have the aforementioned opening mechanism. But this is normal because it must always be put on.

Same thing applies to the last spacer the one on which the handlebar rests.

In the box they are practically united and one would be led to think that they should be mounted together, but in reality the spacers must be interposed between them.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

REDUTOPIA

by REDUTOPIA

Maximum attention will be given to the assembly of the seatpost, on which, compared to the presentation, a cover has been added that makes everything aesthetically more homogeneous.

And obviously the specific friction paste must be put on to prevent the seat post from suddenly going down

Here on the forum I also saw seat posts with holes and irreversibly damaged for not having mounted them according to the instructions:

The support wedge must then be added to the Sram Red AXS derailleur, and the largest one, the one that is marked with the letter "B" in the manual. This is to allow additional support to the frame of the derailleur in order to prevent it from bending or moving during a shift, not allowing the correct shifting precision.

In half a day I arrived here:

And here I had to stop a few days because I was waiting for the kit to bleed the hydraulic system, the hacksaw to cut the fork (I wanted a specific and above a new), the tools for remove the Shimano cassette, remove the relative freewheel body and put on the xd frewheel body, to assemblee on the Sram Red AXS cassette.

Once I got everything I started the assembly again

I cut the fork and the result was perfect, the expander was resting perfectly. Few shots of file and sandpaper for this operation

A more complex thing was removing the Shimano freewheel body from the Spada Stiletto Newton disc wheels.

Once the cassette has been removed, it is necessary to remove this with extreme, but very extreme, care the bearings by acting on the axle that constitutes their seat.

Removed the bearings I expected to find a hexagonal hole for a 10 wrench, instead I find this:

I send an email to Spadabike and within a few moments I get the answer: I need a 14 hex key.

At that point, having the bearings removed, I do the maintenance using the specific lubricant.

To mount the Sram AXS cassette on the freewheel body, however, some care must be taken with respect to the simpler, in assembly, Shimano cassette.

In fact, the axle cover must first be inserted and then above the cassette AXS , otherwise the axle cover will not enter because the base is wider than the hole on the Sram AXS cassette

REDUTOPIA

by REDUTOPIA

At this point I had to put on the chain, connect the hydraulic wires, bleed the brake system and apply the bar tape to the handlebar.

Once the right size of the chain has been chosen, following the Sram manual in a very simple way, very clearly in this sense, I shorten it and apply the appropriate Powelock while also being careful of the direction and orientation:

So I make an adjustment to the gears, the front derailleur is already in the correct position.

Since it was already dinner time and I risked to remain without I stop the assembly and I decide to bleed the brake system the next day.

The kit I bought is not the original Sram but the Bleedkit. It is identical, cheaper because it contains only the essentials but the rest I found it included in the groupset.

The most difficult thing in connecting the hydraulic wires, the length is not decisive,
but cut them straight because Stealth-a-majig hose barbs must be inserted which must rest perfectly against the cable:

With the help of a cutting board with lines I managed to put the cable perfectly straight and cut it perpendicularly.

The bleeding procedure is something that obviously requires a minimum of manual skills, a little study of the relative manual and some video tutorials to know and therefore also to avoid the most common errors that can cause damage to the system, sometimes even irreparable.
But it is completed with enormous satisfaction.

After the bleeding operation, I only have the bar tape that I will put on the next day.

I am undecided between

Fizik vento all black
Supacaz Galaxy black with galaxy Neon blue
but I receive as a gift the PRO control team blue
so I put this

REDUTOPIA

by REDUTOPIA

The end, Saturday 18 April 2020, after more than a month from the start of editing. This is the result

I think you are curious to know the weight! 6,67kg!
For me a good result by not mounting anything extreme!

A note on the handlebar,

judged by many to be unattractive aesthetically.

Apart from the weight because it is currently one of the lightest among the integrated ones, it has technical importance because it allows the assembly of all cables both for electronic groupset and for mechanical groupset. And this is a feature that you will hardly find on other handlebars of this type with the same weight.

Others don't like the Y shape.

But this same shape is instead appreciable when you mount for example the support with the relative Garmin which is closer and integrated in the handlebar
Only by mounting it is it perfectly clear that this is not a causal form.
For example, the Y-shape allows a passage of the cables, very simple, without making strange curves to the cables that could compromise the correct functioning of the groupset.
To be clear, the cables follow an internal direction as linear as possible.

Last edited by REDUTOPIA on Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

MartinRa

by MartinRa

stunning looking bike!

stevec1975

by stevec1975

Amazing bike, love the little touches and the bar tape colour matching

Wondering why you didn't go deeper section wheels, I think it would suit the frame better..

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Wow wow wow , as a Scott owner I can not say other things than WOW ... what a beautiful frameset. The colours match perfectly, the only thing I would like tot see is a bit less spacer and a pair of Zipp 404 disc brake. But overall you did an amazing job over the last month. :thumbup:

REDUTOPIA

by REDUTOPIA

I have also a set of Cosmic Pro Carbon SL UST but for the start I preferred this spada Wheelset

About the spacers,

This are in photo 2,5cm but I need only a 1,5cm so after some tests I will be able to cut the fork another 1cm.

jocarreira

by jocarreira

Nice bike indeed! Congratulations!

P.S: You forgot to put the magnetic cover on the fork to hide the disk brake mounting bolts :)

REDUTOPIA

by REDUTOPIA

jocarreira wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:18 pm
Nice bike indeed! Congratulations!

P.S: You forgot to put the magnetic cover on the fork to hide the disk brake mounting bolts :)
I then put it on

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

REDUTOPIA wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:28 am
...spada Wheelset
Nice! I've had my eye on Spada many times over the years, but never bought a set.

I am very interested in getting your opinions on the wheelset.

From an old Addict owner to a new one, Chapeau!

:beerchug:

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

Amazing!

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Great build - enjoy the bike, I love mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

REDUTOPIA

by REDUTOPIA

mike wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:09 pm
Amazing!

Very thanks

Beancouter wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:29 am
Great build - enjoy the bike, I love mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a great bike model. I love this addict Rc.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com