Canonndale Supersix Evo HM with paint by Fatcreations

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

andyJC

by andyJC

Hi,
Got my first SS in 2018 ( rim brake) and have loved every minute of riding that bike. But it was time for a change and after reading so many of the excellent reviews, decided to go for the new 2020 model, keeping many of the components from my 2018 bike and adding some new ones ( wheels/brakes & saddle)

It's currently tipping the scales at 7.4KG & over the next few months, I'd love to get that down to sub 7kg. Stem will be cut once I've had a new bike fit.

Have most of the weights, but missing a few.

Frame: 860g
Forks: 400g
Headset: Cannondale Tapered
BB: Canonndale pressfit30
Bars: Enve Aero: 250g
Stem:Enve: 120g
Seatpost: Hollowgram 27 SL Knot: 180g
Front wheel: Enve 5.6 Disc: 711g
Rear Wheel: Enve 5.6 Disc: 856g (Chris King R45 hubs)
Tyres: GP 5000 Tubeless: 600g
Tape and Sealent:
Rotors: Dura Ace: 218g
Calipers: Dura Ace: 260g
Casette: Dura Ace 11-30: 213g
crank: Dura Ace: 609g
Chain: DA HG901: 243g
front Derailleur: DA 9150: 104g
rear derailleur: DA 9150: 204g
Shifters: DA 9170: 320
Saddle: S works Power Arc: 149g
Pedals: Dura Ace: 230g
di2 battery: Shimano: 50g
di2 in bar junction: 50g
bottle cages: Enve 40g
bartape: kinesis 4 seasons reflective: 40g
computer mount: Enve
di2 wires:
Last edited by andyJC on Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

andyJC

by andyJC

doing something wrong with the pics, but not sure what!

C36

by C36

Love the paint job, i think I mention it in a previous post (or insta?).
On the frame, what do you include on the weight? Bare carbon, all accessories and derailleur hanger, more?

How do you compte the ride with your previous SSe2?
I tried two evo3... and ultimately prefer the behaviour of the evo2 in terms of responsiveness.

——————
2018: Cannondale SSevo2HM : 5860g
2000: R4000 caad5: junior bike restauration
1995: Indurain‘s Pinarello: restauration project

andyJC

by andyJC

Many thanks!
Frame weight was just the frame. (Inc. paint job)

I've been really impressed with the handling so far. It feels faster than the SSe2, but that's probably just as much to do with the wheels, as I had Zipp 202s on that bike and the Enves are definitely quicker.
Very responsive through the corners and seems to share many of the same characteristics, which is strange considering so many changes.
So far so good...

micky

by micky

Love the paint job!
A curiosity, from the front pictures it appear to have a small gap between headtube and the first spacer.
Or is it just the light/angle?

andyJC

by andyJC

micky wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:56 pm
Love the paint job!
A curiosity, from the front pictures it appear to have a small gap between headtube and the first spacer.
Or is it just the light/angle?
Thanks Micky. Must just be the angle it was taken from.

Once I've had the bike fit, I'll be losing some of the spacers...

ten22

by ten22

Epic Paint. Love it.

gerryc89

by gerryc89

This is fantastic andyJC!

Can you comment on the process and experience with Fatcreations? I've saw their site but can't seem to see much information on lead time, design process and so on.

Thanks!

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

The bike is fabulous looking. Is the 860 a true weight? If it is, I am super impressed for such a large frame with paint.

andyJC

by andyJC

gerryc89 wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:44 am
This is fantastic andyJC!

Can you comment on the process and experience with Fatcreations? I've saw their site but can't seem to see much information on lead time, design process and so on.

Thanks!
Hi Gerry,
Was a first class expereince with Ali at Fatcreations. I bought the frame through him ( he can source ) which allows you to jump the queue on the paint to a few weeks. Pretty sure his waiting list is normally +6 months and I saw a post of his recently that suggested it might be 2021 before he can take any new orders.

For the design process, I had an idea of the paint colour and sent a few examples via whatsapp. I also wanted a splash of colour, but something relatively subtle, hence the inside of the forks. I've been a big Paul Smith fan for quite a while ( and his signature stripe) , so that became the brief for Ali.

He doesn't produce mock ups. On the day when he's ready to paint, you need to be flexible enough to answer lots of whatsapp messages, as he sends through v1, v2, v3 etc. Starting with the base colour for the frame, he mixes the paint and applies it until you are both happy....

Excellent service from start to finish. Couldn't rate him or his process any higher.

Hope that helps and here's a link to his instagram where he was painting the forks...

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8cHt8WByFV ... 1l18ozx7yl

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8d5wjcBYnO ... 3nve2jjsgh

andyJC

by andyJC

mike wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:02 am
The bike is fabulous looking. Is the 860 a true weight? If it is, I am super impressed for such a large frame with paint.
Yes, that’s a true weight. I didn’t weigh it before the paint process, but a few people on WW have seen reductions thanks to a superior paint job by fatcreations versus the standard manufacturer job.

parma

by parma

Hello, can you tell me which bottom bracket you have to use shimano cranks, thanks mate

parma

by parma

Hello, can you tell me which bottom bracket you have to use shimano cranks, thanks mate

gurk700

by gurk700

Great bike, however I'd be very upset with that top tube-spacer gap. That's definitely not normal.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com