Rikulau V9 Disc Brake Custom

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: maxim809, MrCurrieinahurry, Moderator Team

jlok

by jlok

Here comes the photos :beerchug:

Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

kgt

by kgt

Very nice!
The only small detail I don't like is the greenish part of the fork. I would either remove it or glue a grey stripe on top.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jlok

by jlok

kgt wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:19 am
Very nice!
The only small detail I don't like is the greenish part of the fork. I would either remove it or glue a grey stripe on top.
Thanks! Yea, will spray it matt black once I got masking tape.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

addictR1

by addictR1

Looks nice... yea the green is throwing off the look of the bike.

Btw is this the right way to install the seat collar? I thought the bolt should be in the back?

jlok

by jlok

The seatpost slips so I reversed the collar to see if that improves, but doesn't. :( I'm going to try hair spray trick. Not sure if that would survives rainy day riding tho.

Tamu8104

by Tamu8104

Nice build, enjoy!!
Firefly Ti Road Disc
Rock Lobster Team Tig SL Disc
Santa Cruz Blur 2019
Gaulzetti Cabron Disc (Retired to the Kickr after an accident)

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

jlok wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:37 am
The seatpost slips so I reversed the collar to see if that improves, but doesn't. :( I'm going to try hair spray trick. Not sure if that would survives rainy day riding tho.
Yes ofcourse it does!
A super light carbon collar isn't going to induce that clamping force you'd need on this frame.
You should use something in alu or Ti.

https://www.controltechbikes.com/products/item/148.html

Oh, talking position of the collar, it's best to have the bolt (locking) at the side the seat mast tube slip is.
So, if it's in the rear, then it should be best in the rear. If in the front, then in the front.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2018.12.21)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=156137
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D

jlok

by jlok

Ok, advice taken and fall back to the 5-time heavier aluminum collar :(

addictR1

by addictR1

jlok wrote:Ok, advice taken and fall back to the 5-time heavier aluminum collar :(
I use this in my T1SL.

Doesn’t slip at all

https://fairwheelbikes.com/carbon-ti-x- ... st-collar/

jlok

by jlok

I need something to take a bit more than 6Nm as the stainless steel tubing is obviously stiffer than the lightweight T1sl. I used Carbonice minimalist collar on T1sl with great effect. Darimo Sub4 max torque is 5Nm so... goodbye.

jlok

by jlok

Covered the green strip on fork with paint and swapped to Fulcrum Speed 55 DB with Corsa Control TLR 25/28. I think it looks more proper now.

terrible1

by terrible1

superb...

kgt

by kgt

Awesome!
I would only replace the bartape with an all black one.

jlok

by jlok

Yea, definitely. I want to use Pro Race Comfort tape again for the grip when I wear the current Supacaz. The Bling tape is a bit slippery.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Yemble

by Yemble

Interesting project. I recently had a frame built with the opposite seat tube - 78 degrees. Looks like that lower headset cup is seated properly on the fork now. Those brake calipers aren't standard for the group, right?