Yeah, another FM066SL build thread…

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

rekhyt

by rekhyt

Thinking about the same frame, what tire width are you running and how's the clearance?

Arnomatic

by Arnomatic

rekhyt wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:04 pm
Thinking about the same frame, what tire width are you running and how's the clearance?
I'm not sure it's still available for purchase?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Maddie

by Maddie

Dengfu sells the R01 ultralight which is the successor of the fm066 superlight. It's a classic frame with great handling

reedplayer

by reedplayer

well done! nice bike with great weights.the farsports wheelset for shure has one of the best price-performance ratios, i although own a similar set (for rim brakes)

hwyl

by hwyl

Arnomatic wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:22 pm
rekhyt wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:04 pm
I'm not sure it's still available for purchase?
Maddie wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:53 pm
Dengfu sells the R01 ultralight which is the successor of the fm066 superlight. It's a classic frame with great handling
I actually just recently purchased and received the frame from Dengfu as well. Originally I was going for the R01 with BSA but apparently they didn't have one in stock in my size (54cm), though it was after they had confirmed availability through initial emails and I had already submitted payment. However, they did end up offering me a fm066sl with bb30 in 54cm which is what I ended up with. It didn't sound like to me that they had much more in stock though.

I also asked Dengfu regarding the missing delete plate, they said they still have them in stock but quoted me an additional $20 for shipping... :?

Needless to say, my experience with them so far has not been the best.

On another note, I'm glad you posted this thread Maddie - it's actually one of the best ones I've come across for this frame and really solidified my decision in going with it in the end. :thumbup:

Vadd

by Vadd

Hi Maddie! That's a nice weight! Could you pls share the size of your frame?

And also. I'm not a very long-time lurker yet, but let's say a quite-some-time lurker. And I'm afraid I've never heard of the
commonly known 90° scratching technique
Could you or anyone pls tell me about it or point me to where it's described? As I think I will have to do something similar to my Velobuild VB-R-066 frame. Thanks a lot!
Kona Rove 2021
Poison Chinin 2020

https://www.buildyourbike.co

Maddie

by Maddie

It's a size 52 frame.

Just hold the blade perpendicular (or less than 90°) to the frame and pull. At the beginning, you'll get white stripes. That's the clearcoat.
Dangerholm has a good video about it on youtube
https://youtu.be/80gkuNziegs

Vadd

by Vadd

Thanks a million!
Kona Rove 2021
Poison Chinin 2020

https://www.buildyourbike.co

ukracer

by ukracer

Hi ,
Nice build
Which 11/28 ZTTO casette is that ?
Looking on ebay I can't see one close to 182g

Maddie

by Maddie

Looking back, I'm not sure whether it was a ZTTO cassette. But it's one of these lightweight ones available on Ali.

I changed my mind regarding shift quality though. I went back to dura ace cassette after a couple of weeks. Shifting was slow in the small cogs, no matter how I set up the b-screw and electronic adjustment on the RD