Trek Emonda P1 Build - Trek CM

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

MitchatTrek

by MitchatTrek

Hey WW,

Just wanted a formal post here on the forum with my Project One Emonda that I've been building up over the past year and a half. Also, I'm the Community Manager over at Trek Bikes so if you ever have any bike Q or Trek/Bontrager Qs, shoot them my way and hopefully I can answer them!

Currently this Emonda was weighed in at 13.9 lbs. However, the scale I used was not so trusty and it needs to be remeasured. I have more Dura-Ace parts I am waiting to install once I collect new shifters and finally pick up a new handlebar for them to pair with.

Onto the build...

2017 Emonda SLR - 56cm
Project One Leopard Paint

Drivetrain:
  • Ultegra 6800 RD
    Ultegra 11-28 Cassette
    Ultregra 6800 FD
    Dura-Ace 9100 Power Crank
    52/36t Dura-Ace 9100 chainrings
    Ultegra 6800 Shifters
    Dura-Ace SPD Pedals
Wheels/Braking:
  • Bontrager Aeolus D3 - 30mm depth
    Bontrager R3 tires - 700x25c
    Bontrager Speed Stop Pro
    Swiss Stop Black Prince Pads
Other:
  • Bontrager Montrose Pro Saddle
    Bontrager Pro Stem
    Bontrager Elite VR-C Handlebar
    Lizard Skins DSP 1.8mm bar tape
    Bontrager Blendr Ion headlight mount
    K-Edge Pro Garmin mount
    Bontrager Pro Cages - matte carbon
    Bontrager Teflon cables
Attachments
20200108_123208.jpg
20180518_190542~2.jpg
20180518_190749.jpg
Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bicycle Corporation | www.trekbikes.com

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Beautiful bike. I love the paint scheme on it. Looks like you've left plenty of room to drop weight on your build, if you choose.

BTW, it's great to see an actual Trek employee on here, as there are always rumors floating around. Glad to have you on board!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MitchatTrek

by MitchatTrek

FIJIGabe wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:53 pm
Beautiful bike. I love the paint scheme on it. Looks like you've left plenty of room to drop weight on your build, if you choose.

BTW, it's great to see an actual Trek employee on here, as there are always rumors floating around. Glad to have you on board!
Thanks! This was actually the first bike I picked up while at HQ. Before it I had other bikes, but this was a frame up build from parts I had left over. Love seeing all of the great builds on this forum though - plenty of well thought out bikes!

I also roam other forums as well, which you mostly see me on MTBR and Reddit since those are quite busy especially with manufacturer threads. But I'm available through our social media accounts as well since I manage those (e.g. DM Trek on Facebook and you basically DM me).
Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bicycle Corporation | www.trekbikes.com

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

My most recent build (my Emonda) was pretty much this same way (leftover & used parts). I built it up for $2k (I spent a little, later on, for the Di2 parts). There are some great builds on here, and some really nice budget builds. Enjoy your time here!

DeanKRN

by DeanKRN

That paint scheme is awesome!

Welcome to the forum!

mcfarton

by mcfarton

Nice ride! Please post some interesting pictures from your work. I am sure that you get to see some cool stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tmchen

by tmchen

That is really nice!! Mine is coming in at 7.4kg and I’m trying to find the parts/cash to drop it some more

tonchy

by tonchy

Gorgeous paint scheme. :thumbup:

MitchatTrek

by MitchatTrek

mcfarton wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:12 am
Nice ride! Please post some interesting pictures from your work. I am sure that you get to see some cool stuff.

Thanks! And I have something I'll share with you now.

If you folks never heard, but we offer a Project One Ultimate option which lets customers hire the design team and we can paint anything that holds paint (and custom laser etch the XXX wheels). Attached is one of those special builds for Boeing's 103 anniversary. There was one ordered for the 100th, but then the Madone SLR came out... I don't blame that decision. This was two summers ago when we launched the Madone SLR, the 6th generation of the Madone.
Attachments
20200109_180133.jpg

MitchatTrek

by MitchatTrek

tmchen wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:16 am
That is really nice!! Mine is coming in at 7.4kg and I’m trying to find the parts/cash to drop it some more

That's a great weight though - PLENTY of room to play with it

jbaillie

by jbaillie

Trek's 2019 was a shade better than Boeing's...

mcfarton

by mcfarton

MitchatTrek wrote:
mcfarton wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:12 am

Thanks! And I have something I'll share with you now.

If you folks never heard, but we offer a Project One Ultimate option which lets customers hire the design team and we can paint anything that holds paint (and custom laser etch the XXX wheels). Attached is one of those special builds for Boeing's 103 anniversary. There was one ordered for the 100th, but then the Madone SLR came out... I don't blame that decision. This was two summers ago when we launched the Madone SLR, the 6th generation of the Madone.
Keep it coming! I wonder if that bike will get ridden much Image

hlvd

by hlvd

MitchatTrek wrote:
tmchen wrote:

Hi Mitch, how would you feel about starting a thread in an Ask Trek kind of way?

I'm not sure if it's been done before but it would be a great way of connecting with current/future Trek owners on this forum.

MitchatTrek

by MitchatTrek

hlvd wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:30 pm
MitchatTrek wrote:
tmchen wrote:

Hi Mitch, how would you feel about starting a thread in an Ask Trek kind of way?

I'm not sure if it's been done before but it would be a great way of connecting with current/future Trek owners on this forum.
We could certainly do that. I was actually thinking about it as well as I have one on RBR and Slowtwitch already (RBR manufacturer forums are really dead though).

hlvd

by hlvd

MitchatTrek wrote:
hlvd wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:30 pm
MitchatTrek wrote:
tmchen wrote:

We could certainly do that. I was actually thinking about it as well as I have one on RBR and Slowtwitch already (RBR manufacturer forums are really dead though).
That would be great, look forward to it!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com