Lightweight Urgestalt 5259g

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Lucendi

by Lucendi

KCookie wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:36 pm
Looking good, and still dropping weight. Excellent.
Seeing that your saddle is pushed right forward a straight post would be good.
Darimo for instance. I have been talking to him about making me a straight post and if enough of us Urgestalt owners want one he will make a mould.
We could save about 110g easy, but as it's just me atm it's a no deal, unless I pay for the mould. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Thank you! :)

Yeah, I can't get the saddle any further forward. :/ A straight seatpost would certainly fix that and it would also be good with a lighter clamping system. I like the looks of Darimo's loop system, and it would surely work on almost any tube profile, including the Urgestalt's oval shape.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KCookie

by KCookie

Lucendi wrote:
KCookie wrote:
Darimo for instance. I have been talking to him about making me a straight post and if enough of us Urgestalt owners want one he will make a mould.
We could save about 110g easy, but as it's just me atm it's a no deal, unless I pay for the mould. ImageImage

Yeah, I can't get the saddle any further forward. :/ A straight seatpost would certainly fix that and it would also be good with a lighter clamping system. I like the looks of Darimo's loop system, and it would surely work on almost any tube profile, including the Urgestalt's oval shape.
Yes it certainly would. I have a Darimo loop post on the newer Urgestalt frame, its awesome. Now I do already have a straight post from Lightweight on my older model Urgestalt but they are so bloody heavy, well the clamping mechanism is anyway.
A Darimo post would certainly look good and drop a load of weight.
I have another Darimo post and stem coming for this new build so a post would finish the build off.
If you are interested send Alexia a message, maybe a few more and we could get one.

Lucendi

by Lucendi

KCookie wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:43 pm
Lucendi wrote:
KCookie wrote:

Yes it certainly would. I have a Darimo loop post on the newer Urgestalt frame, its awesome. Now I do already have a straight post from Lightweight on my older model Urgestalt but they are so bloody heavy, well the clamping mechanism is anyway.
I have another Darimo post and stem coming for this new build so a post would finish the build off.
If you are interested send Alexia a message, maybe a few more and we could get one.

I have emailed Darimo and reported my interest in a seatpost for our Urgestalts. Let's hope they make one. :)

KCookie

by KCookie

Lucendi wrote:
KCookie wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:43 pm
Lucendi wrote:
KCookie wrote:

I have emailed Darimo and reported my interest in a seatpost for our Urgestalts. Let's hope they make one. :)
That's awesome. I'll speak to Alexia and get an update. I'm thinking Damia will want a few more orders though as the mould is €1000.

Lucendi

by Lucendi

If a Darimo seapost could drop the weight down 110 grams, then my frame with hardware (frame + fork + derailleur hanger + headset + seatpost + seatclamp + bottom bracket) would go down from 1673 grams to 1563 grams, which would be almost identical (1568 grams) to my paintstripped Cervélo R3. - At this point I would gladly change over my better comnponents fitted on the Cervélo to the Urgestalt. :)

KCookie

by KCookie

Probably could save a little more weight, I was being conservative. Our posts are about 135g the clamp about 67g.
I'm assuming the Darimo post will be around 80-90g.
Good idea changing over the components. Would be good to see how light you can get the Urgestalt.

Seedster

by Seedster

Everyone is right, the frame looks tits with the Meilenstein. It’s a great looking build!

If you are ever looking for a clavicula SE (175mm) crankset mated to carbon Ti chainrings 53x39, I have one sitting in the closet that would lighten your build considerably

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KCookie

by KCookie

Seedster wrote:Everyone is right, the frame looks tits with the Meilenstein. It’s a great looking build!

If you are ever looking for a clavicula SE (175mm) crankset mated to carbon Ti chainrings 53x39, I have one sitting in the closet that would lighten your build considerably

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes your crank would look awesome on his build, and if I remember rightly your chainrings have been sanded to look like a matt finish. I admired them when you first posted them.

Seedster

by Seedster

Yep had cicli corsa paint them matte clearcoat to match the claviculas. I'm afraid if i dont sell it, I will order a sarto frameset to match.

KCookie

by KCookie

Seedster wrote:Yep had cicli corsa paint them matte clearcoat to match the claviculas. I'm afraid if i dont sell it, I will order a sarto frameset to match.
Well I would not advertise them for sale then and get the Sarto. Image

Lucendi

by Lucendi

More upgrades to come...

Lucendi

by Lucendi

KCookie

by KCookie

Looking good mate.
When we get our seat posts that will finish it off nicely.

Lucendi

by Lucendi

KCookie wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:21 am
Looking good mate.
When we get our seat posts that will finish it off nicely.

Yeah, the seatpost will make this build complete. :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lucendi

by Lucendi

Holding up good so far. :)