Weight Weenie(ish) project - Colnago V2-R 48cm

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

LewisK

by LewisK

I was wrong! Its dipped under 800g! Needs some tidying up in places and havent used the super fine grit paper yet! I cant see the weight changing much now, perhaps ill lose another gram or 2!

Im hoping to be done by tomorrow, so ill post some final pics when its done!

Annoyingly, the F.M Braze on mount is painted white, so ill use some accetone to remove it and then give it a light flick with black paint!
Attachments
20191206_074227.jpg

rlanger

by rlanger

Amazing stuff!

Do you plan on replacing the Colnago logo on the downtube, and if so, do you have somewhere to get it?

by Weenie

LewisK

by LewisK

Thank you!

I don't think so no! If i was going to, I would want to cleacoat over it, as apposed to just sticking decals on!

I think I can get a really good finish without taking it somewhere to get a proper gloss clearcoat and there are 2 reasons why I dont think I will.

1) I want it to be all my own work
2) It's been hard graft getting it this light, a gloss clearcoat may add upto 50g or so

I am hoping to get it done tomorrow, so will post some photos. Last night I was mixing up some grey epoxy, there are a few low spots/pin holes that I want to take care of.

rlanger

by rlanger

LewisK wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:39 pm
Thank you!

I don't think so no! If i was going to, I would want to cleacoat over it, as apposed to just sticking decals on!

I think I can get a really good finish without taking it somewhere to get a proper gloss clearcoat and there are 2 reasons why I dont think I will.

1) I want it to be all my own work
2) It's been hard graft getting it this light, a gloss clearcoat may add upto 50g or so

I am hoping to get it done tomorrow, so will post some photos. Last night I was mixing up some grey epoxy, there are a few low spots/pin holes that I want to take care of.
It may only add a 100 grams or so, but damn it would probably look killer with a gloss black logo on the downtube, a gloss black Colnago Club on the headtube and matte clearcoat. :shock: