Carbon fiber prototypes, Super low dust covers and more to come!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

1415chris

by 1415chris

I will be up for 46. What finishing are you planning to make, UD, 3k?

by Weenie

jobvisser

by jobvisser

1415chris wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:22 pm
I will be up for 46. What finishing are you planning to make, UD, 3k?
They will be made in UD, 3K and Twill, in either gloss or matt. Which is kind of funny as a lot of people think Twill is 3K and vice versa.

jobvisser

by jobvisser

It's also possible to make the covers with a forged carbon look. This way of using carbon fiber is quite new and is used in most luxury cars and it's also used on the campagnolo timetrial cranks. I think this kind of marbled carbon look can be very pretty on some paint jobs. If anyone would like this design i would love to hear, then I will make these as special editions.

jobvisser

by jobvisser

While the molds still need to be polished I decided to finish one of the wooden prototypes. Which turned out to be even lighter than expected. This was using the regular carbon and quite a rough finish on the mold, so it can be even lighter :lol: . I Then put it on my supersix evo without any micro spacers and it was a perfect fit, no microspacers required

nova16

by nova16

Fantastic work! 😍
Which high has the cover?
Dirk

eins4eins

by eins4eins

jobvisser wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:26 pm
While the molds still need to be polished I decided to finish one of the wooden prototypes. Which turned out to be even lighter than expected. This was using the regular carbon and quite a rough finish on the mold, so it can be even lighter :lol: . I Then put it on my supersix evo without any micro spacers and it was a perfect fit, no microspacers required
I need this for my supersix. Please pm me a price including shipping to germany :wink:

jobvisser

by jobvisser

nova16 wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:09 am
Fantastic work! 😍
Which high has the cover?
Dirk
The cover has a total height of 2.75 mm with a thickness of about 0.5 mm. This will work for most headsets , but sometimes microspacers or a less tall compressions ring might be needed.
eins4eins wrote: I need this for my supersix. Please pm me a price including shipping to germany :wink:
Pm sent.

All orders can be placed through pm as soon as the molds are ready, as the site might take a little longer to finish and some of you have been waiting for quite a while already.

jobvisser

by jobvisser

The molds have been polished and the 46 mm covers can be ordered now :lol:
You can do so by sending a PM through weightweenies, please indicate which finish you want, the options are : 3K, UD and 2By2Twill in either gloss or matt.
The 46mm covers will fit on most modern carbon bikes but 44 and 48 mm options are coming pretty soon.

nova16

by nova16

I love to wait for an 48 in ud gloss for my CruX!

4ibanez

by 4ibanez

These are looking great - I'm interested to see what else is in store. I'll definitely take one of these for a future build.

jorisee01

by jorisee01

I'll measure what I need and PM you. Great work!!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

jobvisser

by jobvisser

Just wanted to post a little update:
Sadly I have not made the perfect headset cover yet, I tried producing them the same way veloflyte did back in the day but that did not work out for me. Veloflyte's method left little imperfections in the covers, while they were very minor I do not want to sell covers that are not 100% to my liking. Therefore I am gonna use a process different from just putting molds under pressure. As I'm a bit short on time at this moment it might take a little while before the covers are available but they will come!