Scott Addict Team Issue Build

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

campagnolodan

by campagnolodan

Hi all,

I'm a long time listener, first time caller :D

Have just completed my latest project, a M/54 Scott Addict Team Issue w/ Campagnolo SR EPS so thought I'd share a picture and some details of the final result!

Frame and Fork - Scott Addict Team Issue HMX M/54
Seatpost - Syncros FL1.0
Saddle - Fizik Arione 00
Stem - Pro Vibe 130mm w/ logos removed
Bar - Syncros RR1.1 42cm c-c
Bartape - Lifeline Professional
Cages - Elite Custom Race, Black
Brakes - Campagnolo Skeleton Dual Pivot F&R
Front derailleur - Campagnolo Super Record 11 EPS
Rear derailleur - Campagnolo Super Record 11 EPS
Crankset - Campagnolo Super Record 11 175mm, 53/39T
Bottom Bracket - Campagnolo UT Press Fit Cups 86.5x41 (for BB86)
Chain - Campagnolo 11
Shifters - Campagnolo Super Record 11 EPS
Cassette - Campagnolo 11, 11-27
Wheels - Campagnolo Bora One Tubular (50mm)
Tires - Vittoria Corsa CX Tubular 23mm
Pedals - Favero Assioma Duo
Headunit Mount - K-Edge, Black

Final Weight - 6.9kg

Overall I really enjoyed building this bike, in particular I thought the EPS was relatively straight forward to install and tune, and I absolutely love the MyCampy app which allowed me to dial in the shifting speed to exactly where I want it!

Please feel free to fire any questions etc and I will do my best to answer :D

Thanks!
Attachments
IMG_20191017_125946_681.jpg

by Weenie

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Every time I see the words “Scott Addict”, I think of super light bikes as it was the build of choice for such projects here not too long ago. So, to see the weight it takes me back a bit. Gorgeous bike and nice build choices for sure, so no shame there by any means!! Lovely!!

campagnolodan

by campagnolodan

Thanks so much!

I've always wanted a Saunier Duval CR-1 from ~2005 when the team was running Record 10 and Fulcrum Racing Speeds, so that was kinda my inspiration for this build :D
Attachments
images (4).jpeg

reedplayer

by reedplayer

very good!

rlanger

by rlanger

Beautiful ride!

The only thing I don't personally love are the bottle cages. To my eye, they just don't suit the bike. I think something like the Tacx Ciro with green highlights would look great, but that's just nit-picky.

By the way, is that a factory paint job? It's gorgeous.

campagnolodan

by campagnolodan

rlanger wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:33 am
Beautiful ride!

The only thing I don't personally love are the bottle cages. To my eye, they just don't suit the bike. I think something like the Tacx Ciro with green highlights would look great, but that's just nit-picky.

Thanks very much! :D

That's a good point about the cages, now I'm looking closer at it I completely agree - the Custom Race's just seem a bit too bulky/chunky for a more classic, traditional lightweight frameset. The Tacx Ciro would indeed be a nicer choice, I'll look into it! :beerchug:

Regarding the paint, this is a factory job - a close mate of mine works for our national distributor of Scott, and he was able to get me a
2016 "team issue" frame, however it appears to have slightly different graphics to what Michelton rode. The downtube has a black on black (gloss-matte) SCOTT logo, where all the team frames had a green logo :D

rlanger

by rlanger

campagnolodan wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:36 pm
rlanger wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:33 am
Beautiful ride!

Thanks very much! :D

That's a good point about the cages, now I'm looking closer at it I completely agree - the Custom Race's just seem a bit too bulky/chunky for a more classic, traditional lightweight frameset. The Tacx Ciro would indeed be a nicer choice, I'll look into it! :beerchug:

Regarding the paint, this is a factory job - a close mate of mine works for our national distributor of Scott, and he was able to get me a
2016 "team issue" frame, however it appears to have slightly different graphics to what Michelton rode. The downtube has a black on black (gloss-matte) SCOTT logo, where all the team frames had a green logo :D
Yeah, that was exactly my thought too... a little chunky. Be sure to post an update if you do end up swapping them. Would love to see it.

I definitely prefer your finish to the team-issue with the green logo.

Seedster

by Seedster

Awesome build. I love the look of Super Record on a Scott, which is fairly uncommon around these parts.

campagnolodan

by campagnolodan

Seedster wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:15 pm
Awesome build. I love the look of Super Record on a Scott, which is fairly uncommon around these parts.
Thanks so much :D

All of my other bikes are running Campagnolo, so there was no way I could ever get used to having no thumb lever haha which rules out using Shimano or Sram :P I know a lot of people are able to cross over easily but I guess I'm not intelligent/co-ordinated enough :lol:

by Weenie

Seedster

by Seedster

In addition to the better aesthetics, the thumb lever is my reason for campy adoption too. I like what SRAM did with etap functionality. Their groupsets just look like crap and have too many batteries to maintain.

Awesome bike and groupset