Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

micropox

by micropox

Rudi wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:37 pm
micropox wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:41 am
Got this idea from Farm_lim. Purchased at ebay. Then put extralite rings. Weight is in the 530 grams range. No need for adaptors.
Do you have a weight for the cranks only? I was looking into a set of these but have seen various numbers listed. Just want to ensure that there is a decent weight saving vs. the Rotor 3d I've got to hand.
This photo has b.o.r. rings installed. (Sorry i dont have photo for the weight of crank arms). The rings are about 126 grams. So the crank arm with chainring bolts, washers and bearing shield should be 436 grams. Then no need also for bbright adaptors. Thats additional weight savings. Also my factor has di2 drivetrain. So sram gxp cranks might not look right on a shimano drivetrain. 😊
Attachments
Screenshot_20191101-092413_Gallery.jpg

micropox

by micropox

Kayrehn wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:19 pm
The gxp cranks on my c60. The extralite rings I forgot to weigh, but I took this off the net, same size.
ImageImage
Heres mine with bolts n wave washer. 😊 with extralite rings. It will be 515 grams. So you are right. Gxp will be a better choice if etap is the drivetrain. Just need a light bbright adapter.
Attachments
1572572651702773782494024831.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

antihero

by antihero

How did this build end?

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

This build haven't begun Image the wheels will be built in Jan 2020. Had to wait for the rims and hubs, before ordering the spokes. Want to colour the Berd spokes black before passing them to my wheel builder but I'm on holiday till after Xmas. And Darimo stopped replying my email asking about when he'll shipped the shifter clamps, after he keep delaying sending it out despite giving me three different promises.

Here's what I have at hand.
ImageImage

The farsport 25x23mm rims are 251g and 258g. Berd spokes will probably weight around 2.8g each on average after colouring (which adds 0.1g of weight).

Also, after reading the thread on rotor size, I ordered 140mm ashima rotors for both front and rear. I can always keep the 160mm and use it if I find the 140mm lacking or if I go for some climbing trip.

If I can fit my BB30 sram red cranks onto the bike, the build should go under 5.2kg.

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

Kayrehn wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:51 pm
... the build should go under 5.2kg.
Posts like this are why I sometimes purposefully skip new comments in sweet threads like yours or @Godzuki's. Too tempting, I should know better and spend less.

etxebarria

by etxebarria

Hi Kayrehn

Could you please post a picture with the frame and the Stem / Handlebar together?
I'm also interested to build a Factor VAM Frame but don't know, if I should take the 'original' black inc Stem / Handlebar or the crazy light from Darimo...

Thank you very much,
Etxebarria

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

I'll take my Fuji apart and build up the bike probably after some components come + my wheels are still being built; will be sure to post pics pretty soon thereafter as my lbs will make light work of it. I'm guessing the integrated bars probably weighs double that of Darimo's combo so there shouldn't be any doubts on which to choose if you want a light build.

At the moment, my wheelbuilder is having massive problems pulling the Berd spokes through the Carbon-ti hubs, and have to resort to enlarging the holes a little. Darimo still haven't shipped out my shifter clamps and it has been 3 months. Waiting for new 140mm rotors too, but that should come before the clamps as Darimo have proved to be quite tardy with their delivery.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Rear wheel done and weigh in at 514g which means I'll be getting a sub-kg wheelset Image front wheel next. Other components still not shipping yet... ImageImage

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

This finally arrived after 3.5 months. Unfortunately I don't know how to remove the original ones (any help?) and so can't do a weight comparison.

All components in, build can finally begin! Maybr one last spin on my Fuji before I take it apart; I am sure I can feel the 0.5kg difference between the two, and might miss the feeling of lightness. Image
20200128_133558.jpg
15.5g saved over the original clamps! Image
Last edited by Kayrehn on Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

liketoride

by liketoride

i really want to see this come together. Also would like a review on the wheels and the new spokes when you get a chance please :D :D

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Bike is now at lbs and will be done up by tomorrow!
Some things yet to be resolves at the moment

- the crossed spokes of the front wheel rub the elbow of the brake hose because they were quite thick; thankfully its a very slight touch and I asked lbs to solve it by sanding down that hose junction

- as expected the BB30 cranks didn't match the frame as the spindle wasn't long enough. The gxp cranks I got off ebay was put to use instead. That's a weight gain of exactly 50g for the cranks and maybe 26g for the adapter. Unfortunately I have to take the hit because I can't spend a grand getting Clavicula cranks to save a hundred grams. Image

- I think it was worth the extra grams getting those nice green hubs over extralite ones. The Carbon-ti hubs needed some deburring to enlarge the holes a little more for the Berd spokes.

- I love those Darimo carbon shifter clamps - they probably grip the bars better than conventional metal ones despite the impressive weight savings.

- I tried to reduce the amount of residue glue on the tires after ripping it off the old wheels but it was impossible to sand down manually.

- BTW the production of the frame is legit and as Factor described - looking through the BB hole it's super smooth within and the textreme carbon layers are there as it should be.

- But I think the decision to make it a bbright bb was a mistake. I still lament the fact that I can't use the lighter bb30 cranks.

Total weight should be around 5.3kg in all. I'll see whether I'll want to bother making heatshrink hoods afterwards.

Last edited by Kayrehn on Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

liketoride

by liketoride

That would be a great number. Please keep us posted once lbs has it up and running

George46GR

by George46GR

What is the rider's weight? Can these disk brake rotors stop a 85 kg rider at ?
2023 Cervelo S5, size 56, sapphire/ice

DartanianX

by DartanianX

If you contact SRAM they’ll replace your front caliper for the new version free of charge which has a different routing for the hose into the caliper.

I had the same issue on an F12 Disc with Partington Wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

I am 70kg at my heaviest and live on a pancake-flat island so I'm comfortable with it. I have 160mm rotors and will see if I'll want to use it if I travel overseas for rides.

@DartanianX does the new calipers feature any other changes other than solving the cable hose entry issue? I bought it online so returning it might be difficult, not sure if the local dealer will help with my case. Plus waiting to ride my new bike is rather painful if I have to return it...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com