Incoming: English

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

nickf

by nickf

Got the design nailed down and confirmed. Copied the geo of the V3 he built me in 2017. This frame will be replacing my supersix evo hm. Time to smooth things out a bit. After talking with Rob we decided on a 44mm headtube, 44mm downtube, Columbus max chainstays, tapered Columbus Futura 1.5 fork. This thing is going to be beefy. I wanted something stiff and snappy this time around, not as much emphasis on weight like the V3. Should end up in the mid 14lbs/6.3kg range. Don't get me wrong the V3 rides fantastic, definitely doesn't hold me back. But when really putting the power down it's lacking a bit of stiffness. Also wanted to use a standard seatpost, will fit in the airport ninja nicely.

Anything with a "v" next to the part means the weight is verified, previously weighed. Everything else is either an estimate or just pulled offline on the manufacturers listed weight. Not all the parts have arrived or are still installed on my supersix. Updated build sheet. Painted frame, new bar tape

Last edited by nickf on Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

BmanX

by BmanX

Can't wait to see this.

2000g for the frame??????
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nickf

by nickf

BmanX wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:35 pm
Can't wait to see this.

2000g for the frame??????
Figured I would guess high as a worst case scenario. My V3 frame with paint came in around 1600g. Maybe closer to 1700-1800. That head tube and bb add some weight.

Frame just came off the jig. Still has to be brazed and finished.

BmanX

by BmanX

OK I am thinking that my 1400g English frame is light now. It used to be 1310g but after being updated is now 1400g. That is also with integrated post.

Thank you for making me extremely happy today. lol.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

nickf

by nickf

Frame is brazed up and about to be sent to paint. Single color paint scheme and it's going to be bright. Weight as it sits comes in at 1616g

BikeSwan

by BikeSwan

Can't wait to see this build unfold. Love Rob's work. I was thinking about going for an English custom recently, but the CAD to USD exchange rate got the better of me. Ended up being convinced to get a custom Ti bike from a builder in Canada. Looking forward to it! Should be in the same sort of weight range as your steel rig (1800-2000g for the frame). But that's for a beefy do-it-all road bike for a 6'5" 200lb rider. Post lots of pics!
Landyachtz 1146 Ti Custom
Argon 18 Dark Matter
YT Izzo Pro Race 29

. . . and a 500lb KTM :thumbup:

nickf

by nickf

T47 Max stays, 44mm DT

Standard post and clamp setup. Not his traditional design but utilized to mitigate any corrosion issues. Living in hot and humid Florida takes its toll on steel. But 100% worth it for its ride quality. The good thing is it can always be sent in to be refinished.

BmanX

by BmanX

You are getting a piece of work that i can assure you, you will keep forever. My amazing piece of are from Rob will never leave our family.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

jasonh

by jasonh

Man, oh MAN! His bikes are really superlative. At a glance, simple and unique. Upon closer examination, intricate, modern and perfectly proportioned. Never an element that’s overdone. They look as fast as they are beautiful, and they’re made of STEEL, so they’re tough as nails. The more you look at them, the better they get.
Kind of like Rolex, or Porsche 911’s. Absolutely timeless.
Subscribed.

otoman

by otoman

Subscribed
Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill

nickf

by nickf

Post just arrived the other day. I was hoping to use the one on my supersix but was a few mm to short. I still find it remarkable how light these things are.

nickf

by nickf

Fame finished is 1650g with paint. Paint only added 35g. Going to pop in the sunlight. Dodge Sublime green. Changed up the logo to something a little more modern and understated. Also added the fork tips just to break up the green a bit. Also to help hide any scratches from removing the wheel.

jbaillie

by jbaillie

Work of art, looking forward to seeing it built up.

nickf

by nickf

Just saved 70g by going with Deda Elementi Traforato. 29g for both rolls. Wish I found out about this stuff sooner.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com