WW fixed gear bike. Airwalk Pista

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

JerryLook

by JerryLook

Well, it’s not really WW. It’s 9.3kg :D

I’ve always wanted a fixed gear bike to play with. I picked this up for 40$ on Craigslist. The seller said he bought it when he lived in Singapore. I had never heard of the Airwalk brand. But they seem to make decent bikes.

I live in FL where it’s super flat. I usually just ride in the 53/16 combo most of the time anyways. So a fixed gear will be good here. Something to add to my small hoard of bikes.

The bike has a steel frame/fork, Sugino 44t crank, and a 17t flip/flop hub. It has very heavy 45/35mm deep wheels.

The goal is to change the 17t cog out for a 15t. Plus I want to find a shallower, tubular track wheelset. I don’t need the freewheel as I never plan on running brakes.

The bike has a 54cm top tube and 51cm seat tube. For some reason the frame looks bigger than it is. Probably because of the small steel tubes.

The bike will most likely be painted. When I got it it was 5 different colors, and had two different color tires. I just can’t do that. Unless I buy some skinny jeans. Lol.

I changed the bars for some narrower ones. The bars that came with it were too wide (44cm). The only 26 mount bars I had are 39cm wide. Better. I changed out the fake Brooks saddle for a Chinese carbon saddle.
I’ll have to either replace the seatpost with a black one or take the anodizing off of the current one.

And yes I’ll replace the flat pedals with some Speedplays I have laying around.

All my bikes are older, have threaded a BB, and rim brakes (or no brakes!) and that’s how I like it.

Pic of the bike when I first got it
48FD0B71-62C2-496F-9A96-F7428FFA02BC.jpeg
And how it is now. Still needs some work.
93B8F8A2-E280-4B6F-8F60-84AF854E2603.jpeg
2010 Orbea Opal 54cm
5.97kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com