Colnago C50

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

1234SO

by 1234SO

Hi all,

Here is a first picture of my Colnago C50. I bought a frameset and added parts that I still had in the basement. It will get a new stem and bar (WR Compositi), new, shallower, wheels, and I also consider a new seatpost and saddle.

Quick question because I forgot to measure before I left home for travel: The post diameter on C50s is 28, right?
Attachments
IMG_20190905_122211.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Yes, the seat post diameter is 28.0mm. Looks like you’ve got the original post in there right now. Why are you considering a different one out of curiosity? I’m not even sure if any other seatposts other than made by WR Composities that you could get in a 28.0 size. Those posts are hard to come by.
Nice build by the way. Even the Bontrager stem complements the frame nicely.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

1234SO

by 1234SO

Thanks!

Re seatpost: I like the Colnago post but there is not a lot of flex and it seems that I cannot install a carbon saddle. I guess I am getting old.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Why can’t you install a carbon saddle? The clamp clamps the rails from the top and bottom. As long as the width of the rails isn’t greater than 7mm, you should be just fine, unless there’s some other reason I’m missing as to why you can’t use carbon saddles?
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

1234SO

by 1234SO

Well, that's great. I have a spare carbon SLR which should just work fine. Thanks for this.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Looking good already! :thumbup: