Imaking20 Caves: S-Works Tarmac Disc - now 6.07kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Perfectly cut and perfect length housings are a hallmark of any good build, integrated or not. This looks good, but I wonder if they’re not a bit too short. Can you turn the bars fully both sides so that they touch the top tube without excessive pulling on the lines?
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nismosr

by nismosr

dudemanppl wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:43 am
dam i hope boris cut you a deal

Boris is one popular guy in one of my cycling group .. every one is riding an Sworks Disc !
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2022 Ridley Kanzo Adv Rival/GX AXS-Zipp 303s
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2022 Basso Palta 2-Rival/GX AXS-Zipp 303s
2023 Colnagno G3X-SRAM Force-Levante

Multirider

by Multirider

Wow. Just wow.

What size frame?

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Last edited by Imaking20 on Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Gotcha, yes, measure 5x, cut once, and still get it wrong. I’ve been there too. Even then, it can be a process to mock up the exact length you need without inserting it into each hole and seeing how it all flows and lays. The turning of the bar to top tube test isn’t implying you would ever turn your bars that far, but in a crash or just tipping over I’ve seen cables ripped out because they didn’t have enough slack to cope. Traveling with bikes and taking the front wheel off then turning the bars fully can do the same thing.
But super clean build for sure .
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Turn the bars to the left when you pack the bike in a car instead of to the right :noidea: :smartass:
I spend plenty of time on getting the cables looking good, I hate a messy setup :evil:

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Rich_W

by Rich_W

Stunning on all points as I previously pointed out. Aagree cables look slightly short. Ran my rear line in front of the front brake line. Also shrink wrapped the di2 wire to rear line. Then again you have the aero bars that send the lines out at a funky angle... I run standard bars.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

FredBloggs

by FredBloggs

Hi @Imaking20 - I would be very interested to hear your thoughts on this bike in relation to your Wilier Cento 10 Air and Pinarello? I ask as I have a both a Wilier Cento 1 SR and a Wilier Zero 7 and recently had a brief test rode on a Pinarello F10, the latter felt much stiffer at the bottom bracket (than the Zero 7, which itself feels stiffer than the Cento) which translated into much better forward momentum when accelerating. I see that @RyanH has also owned a Wilier Cento 10 Air (Disc) and aside from the issues which he had with the discs he believes it to be the best carbon frame he has ever rode.

Whilst i see the benefits in discs, at this point in time until they can be built up to be comfortably under 6kg I’ll not be bothering.

Cheers.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Last edited by Imaking20 on Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wormiez

by Wormiez

Did you consider the Venge before deciding on the Tarmac?

FredBloggs

by FredBloggs

First, many thanks for the detailed response, much apprectiated by both myself and I’m sure others who are likely to read your feedback. Honestly, had i not ridden the F10 this conversation would not even had started as I was very happy with the Zero 7 up until that point. The difference in vertical stiffness was just too apparent for me to ignore, hence my reason to start looking into a potential replacement. Massive braking requirements for me is not a huge concern as i don’t live in a mountainous region and for the number of times i go abroad with the bike i can live with calliper brakes. Whilst i am on Shimano DA brakes ATM a switch to EE will be happening if i plump for the Cento 10 Air as i can go direct mount then. They seem to get favourable reviews here on WW, a forum i trust over the cycling media whose views you can’t also count on.

Did you ever consider the Alabarda bar/stem combo (55g weight penalty) over the setup you had on the Cento? I like the clean lines that it provides and see from your build sheet that it can be brought in comfortably under 6kg with one fitted. The only other thing i am toying with ATM is whether to remain on tubs (Bontrager Aeolus 4 xxx) or go back to clinchers. I see that Schwalbe are pulling out of the tub market citing high production costs, and low ROI due to the market (or is it perhaps what the cycling media would like us to believe) making the switch to tubeless. Can’t be long before other manufactures surely follow suit.

Thanks for the food for thought which i can mull over whilst my broken heel heals! :cry:

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Last edited by Imaking20 on Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

WileEcoyote

by WileEcoyote

Any comments on the BOR chainrings?