My New Build!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

chrishophoto

by chrishophoto

I'm new here, but used to race in the 90's

Anyway, I just had a chance to take a decent photo of my latest build! This is my 2010 Colnago EPS with Campagnolo Super Record 12 speed. Also on Campagnolo WTO Bora 60s! Complete build with speedplay pedals, Cages and Wahoo Bolt is 7.5kg!

-Chris
Attachments
_CH27202.jpg

hlvd

by hlvd

Beautiful!

by Weenie

Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

:welcome:
That is a really great photo
Fuji SL 5.5kg tubs/5.9kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157704

Sold -
Focus Izalco Max Disc - Final Weight 6.7kg - http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... o+Max+disc

Calnago

by Calnago

Bringin’ sexy back. Nicely done. That’s a proper build right there.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

rajMAN

by rajMAN

Class :up:

Nejmann

by Nejmann

That's sexy! What tire width are you rolling here?

flying

by flying

Love it! :thumbup: :beerchug:

Calnago

by Calnago

Nejmann wrote:That's sexy! What tire width are you rolling here?
I’m curious about this too. I don’t have any experience with the new 26mm wide WTO’s but I would think that with that frame (and particularly underneath the fork crown) that clincher tire selection would be critical. I know that the old Conti 4000sii on a Neutron rim (15mm internal width) is too tight (for me), but if you could fit some 24mm Specialized Turbo Cotton on those rims in that frame that would be an awesome combo I think.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

kgibbo1868

by kgibbo1868

Very nice! A perfect mix of new and old (not that old ;-) )
2019 Baum Ristretto
Pain is my friend!

DaveChow

by DaveChow

Full Italian build! What a beauty!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Seedster

by Seedster

Really well done! nice mix of new campagnolo components on an older frame

shipley

by shipley

Wow ! That’s a picture and a half 👍

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

I agree with everyone... great looking bike and awesome photo.
Calnago wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:50 pm
Nejmann wrote:That's sexy! What tire width are you rolling here?
I’m curious about this too. I don’t have any experience with the new 26mm wide WTO’s but I would think that with that frame (and particularly underneath the fork crown) that clincher tire selection would be critical. I know that the old Conti 4000sii on a Neutron rim (15mm internal width) is too tight (for me), but if you could fit some 24mm Specialized Turbo Cotton on those rims in that frame that would be an awesome combo I think.
It looks like he's on Corsa's, which in my experience usually measure out pretty close to the stated size, but I think those wheels are a little wide, so they might be a touch bigger than normal. I'm guessing they're 23's.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

I hate to shit on this but it's not to my taste. No question a very nice frame and great components, but are they aesthetically compatible? Certainly this is not a bad looking build, but I think this frame would look better with shallower wheels with less modern graphics. IMO the previous generation of crankset would also be more complimentary to the overall look. And the handle bar... that frame colourway is very busy and to throw in an integrated bar with a a white stem and the competing FSA logo...it's just too much. A bit jarring and confusing to the eye.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

by Weenie

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

In terms of the wheels, I think that's all person preference. I know that some people dont like the look of deeper wheels on anything other than an aero bike, but I don't mind it. I think the wheels look fine. Ican see your point with the crankset. I'm not a huge fan of the latest look of Campy cranks, so I'll give you that one. I have to totally disagree with you on the stem/handlebar though. I think that the white of the stem and the blue bar tape goes perfectly with the graphics of the top tube and the changes in color. The great part about all of this, is that the argument is pointless... it his bike and he can set it up exactly as he wants, regardless of what you or I argue about.