icantaffordcycling's 1x Allez Sprint

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

AnkitS

by AnkitS

Shout out to enve for making a $400 bar without pre doing the internal routing. Very cool. Took a while but thank god for the ir2.ImageImage

AnkitS

by AnkitS

Dudemanppl sent me some fake Chinese bearings and a sticky rag with some white stuff on it. Rag is for sale, pm me. Dudemanppl's address is also for sale.Image

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

icantaffordcycling wrote:I'm dumb. Fixed now.ImageImage
Thanks guys.
There ya go. Much better. Were you actually riding it how it was set up in the previous pic?
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

tonytourist

by tonytourist

icantaffordcycling wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:25 pm
Dudemanppl sent me some fake Chinese bearings and a sticky rag with some white stuff on it. Rag is for sale, pm me. Dudemanppl's address is also for sale.
I can't believe that dudemanpen15 would give you the rag I sent him with the bearings, he was supposed to keep it as a token of my affection :cry:
His address is available for free at all gloryholes in SoCal :unbelievable: :unbelievable:
Calnago wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:41 pm
There ya go. Much better. Were you actually riding it how it was set up in the previous pic?
Looks like he hasn't even hooked up the RD so I doubt it was ridden. No chain either :thumbup:

AnkitS

by AnkitS

@cal will update with non potato pictures when this is finished. Training wheels from the last bike and praxis cranks untill I sell the old frame and group. I ordered my absolute black ring from the shop and Shimano stuff from Europe because it is cheaper than our cost. Will be a while till i will be able to ride this thing.

AnkitS

by AnkitS

Built but goddamn that's not a good looking bike. Excuse my un-slammed stem, pedals, and lack of bar tape. Next up on the list are a berk Dila (padded because unpadded is supposedly too slippery) and my s-works power crankset. Race wheels/cassette/rotors will happen eventually too.Image

AnkitS

by AnkitS

8.1 kg as pictured (pedals were switched out to 5700). Might seem heavy but I am actually super happy with that weight.

Pedals 5700 --> 9100 330 --> 235 95 GRAMS
Cranks Praxis --> S-Works 550 --> 440 110 GRAMS
BB Praxis --> Ceramic Speed 140 --> 50 90 GRAMS
Saddle Toupe --> Dila 216 --> 100 115 GRAMS
Cages Rib --> ENVE or rib 3 66 --> 40 25 GRAMS
Wheelset Spline --> ? 1821 --> 1500 320 GRAMS
Tires Perf. --> Rapid air 630 --> 520 110 GRAMS
Cassete R7000 --> R9100 320 --> 201 100 GRAMS
Rotors RT70 --> MT900 270 --> 210 60 GRAMS
+ Bar Tape 30 grams

So around 1000g saving is super easy without any exotic parts.

AnkitS

by AnkitS

Thinking about going a little exotic with the wheelset, well at least the hubs... Light bicycle AR56 rims laced to carbon ti straight-pull cl hubs. Planning on using DT Swiss Aerolite spokes. Puts me at 1365 grams for a deep and wide wheelset. The other option would be Roval CLX 50s which are 1415 grams and more expensive.

AnkitS

by AnkitS

First truly exotic or ww product I have ever had. ImageImage

Edit: 7.93kg as pictured + bar tape

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Please get direct mount hanger for your Sprint thanks.
Excited for the build.

AnkitS

by AnkitS

tonytourist wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:18 pm
Please get direct mount hanger for your Sprint thanks.
Excited for the build.
Tommy - "Try talking like a normal person like once"
Me - "Yea no"

Direct mount hangers are nutty.

AnkitS

by AnkitS

Slam is cool but this bike will always be an ugly duck with the 90mm stem. A 110 or 120 would be perfect but i would rather have a bike that fits.
S-works crank is here but waiting on the 130bcd spider and garbaruk 44T chainring. I wasn't allowed to start a race this weekend because the 42x11 didn't pass roll out with 25c tires. Switching to a 44x12 setup where I'll just block off the 11 while racing and unblock when training and messing around. Will also give me space to pass roll out with 30c tires if I ever decide to go that route. Dura-ace pedals are also on the way thanks to a co-worker losing a bet.
I want to do the enve aero stem but don't think it would look good in 90mm. Any suggestions for a stem with an out front mount that doesn't look like crap? Image

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Fizik stem with barfly center mount.

I can't imagine why you'd want to race on 30's, unless you were doing a gravel race or something... wide tires are not faster.

AnkitS

by AnkitS

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:37 am

I can't imagine why you'd want to race on 30's, unless you were doing a gravel race or something... wide tires are not faster.
Already ordered the 3t arx ii stem to use with the barfly direct, already have the faceplate and mount from my previous bike, maybe I'll do the -20 r1 stem if I ever need to get lower.
With the right rim, 30c tires can be fast. The rolling resistance will be marginally higher but that won't matter as much at my weight. Being less fatigued at the end of a race with shitty roads sounds faster to me. I agree that 30s are too wide for most races and will be using 28c Specialized Rapid Air tires on my race wheels. Wider tires can be faster if done right. We have progressively moved to wider and wider tires; there is a reason why. If you want to do race 19c tubs be my guest, you haven't seen the roads I am racing on.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

icantaffordcycling wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:31 pm
CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:37 am

Already ordered the 3t arx ii stem to use with the barfly direct, already have the faceplate and mount from my previous bike, maybe I'll do the -20 r1 stem if I ever need to get lower.
With the right rim, 30c tires can be fast. The rolling resistance will be marginally higher but that won't matter as much at my weight. Being less fatigued at the end of a race with shitty roads sounds faster to me. I agree that 30s are too wide for most races and will be using 28c Specialized Rapid Air tires on my race wheels. Wider tires can be faster if done right. We have progressively moved to wider and wider tires; there is a reason why. If you want to do race 19c tubs be my guest, you haven't seen the roads I am racing on.
I am by no means suggesting racing on 19's, but with 30's, you've gone way too far in the other direction. I've done my fair share of racing, but for sure, I'm always learning and observing, paying attention to what the fastest people do and I've never seen anyone fast on 30's. Comfortable, yes... but fastest, no.